GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: A/C Blower issue?

Default A/C Blower issue?

Same route every day, same time around 3pm, same speed, around 55 mph, same mundane gentle crest in my lane that makes the car squat ever so slightly as I cross it.

It's HOT here in Houston already, so the a/c was on full blast, cross the little crest/dropoff (aka big tree root under the road pushing it up), then complete silence, instantly the air turns stale and hot, the blower is completely off. Initially I thought maybe it was the blower coil/relay box, but the blower was off in any speed. The compressor is still turning and a/c air is barely wafting out just from moving but the blower is definitely off.

Needless to say the rest of my drive home was completely miserable, but my question is, where do you suggest I start looking?

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

Default The fuse? It's the must probable cause.

Javier

Wow... our fuses go in a magnificent fashion, not just the harmless little popped metal.

Sure enough, charred black in the center, hot enough to have distorted the printed numbers on the plastic.

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

Atleast i dont have to worry about you stealing the ones out of my fuse box at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyesTx
    Wow... our fuses go in a magnificent fashion, not just the harmless little popped metal.

Sure enough, charred black in the center, hot enough to have distorted the printed numbers on the plastic.
    So what made the fuse go? Does it look like it had been corroded and the extra resistance-caused heat pushed the fuse over it's limits? Or do you have a blower motor getting overly amp-hungry or some other short hiding?

I don't like being the rain cloud but having a fuse blow is really kind of a big thing. It typically means you have a problem somewhere else...

Brian