GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Control Arms

Default Control Arms

Are those alloy HD control arms on ebay worth buying? some of them are pretty damn cheap and tempting.

Default I have a pair from an FCP kit.

But not installed yet. The stockers on my car are alloy though so figured i'd replace with the same.

Lemforder - the only way to go. Do yourself a favor. Don't mess with the cheap stuff. You may save a few bucks up front, but you'll be replacing them soon, so you'll have twice the labor invested and the same or more money in parts when you're done. Read the threads on this, especially Regal's experience.

Meyle (no need the alloy ones) with Meyle HD bushes, perfect.
    Or if you want to buy Lemforder, buy the control arms from L., but the bushes from Meyle and press them in.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Meyle (no need the alloy ones) with Meyle HD bushes, perfect.
    Or if you want to buy Lemforder, buy the control arms from L., but the bushes from Meyle and press them in.
    I bought the kit which includes the upper and lower arms. Uppers come with the 750 bushings pressed in. I then purchased the E34 M5 bushings from the dealer and will have those pressed into the upper arms instead.

Car has alloy arms stock. Figure no sense in going backwards. I might get the E31 LCAs which come with the spherical bearings but those are really pricey.

oh boy... By next summer you will be so good at replacing these things you'll be able to do them both in under an hour. FCP has free replacement to keep you fresh on tecnique.

edit: reread your pressing in M5 bushings, good move! You'll only need to replace them once a season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankster
    I bought the kit which includes the upper and lower arms. Uppers come with the 750 bushings pressed in. I then purchased the E34 M5 bushings from the dealer and will have those pressed into the upper arms instead.

Car has alloy arms stock. Figure no sense in going backwards. I might get the E31 LCAs which come with the spherical bearings but those are really pricey.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    oh boy... By next summer you will be so good at replacing these things you'll be able to do them both in under an hour. FCP has free replacement to keep you fresh on tecnique.

edit: reread your pressing in M5 bushings, good move! You'll only need to replace them once a season.
    ROTFL. I'll try em and see. Not doubting your experience at all. But i hardly drive the vehicle. It's my 2 year old sons car. Bought in sept 04 with 107.2k. Now has 118.5 k.