GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Different wheels for same car

Default Different wheels for same car

Have a 1989 535i that currently has 15 inch rims and all season tires. Come next winter I will put new snow tires on the 15 inch rims and get rid of the current tires. I also have a set of 16 inch rims that I will be putting new tires on for when the snows come off.
    The tires for the 15 inch rims will be 225 60 R15 and the new tires for the 16 inch rims will be 225 55 R16. The outside diameter for both sets is nearly identical.

Not interest in paying for a new alignment each time I change wheel/tires. Will one alignment work for both sets of tires?

Also, I do not have a spare rim/tire for the 16 inch set. Because the outside diameter of both sets are so close can the current 15 inch spare work as a spare for the 16 inch set with out drivability problems?

Thanks

Jim

alignment is just toe adjustment so theres no issue with that. As for the spare, thats all it is for...part time til you get the regular tire fixed.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks

Yep... no problem for alignment...

Now, the snow tire, I highly recommends you get 205/65R15... smaller tread is stronger tread on snow and ice. Nokian is the best.

As a suggestion for summer tires on the 16"... Genera Exclaim UHP... awesome, quiet, and the price is right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Yep... no problem for alignment...

Now, the snow tire, I highly recommends you get 205/65R15... smaller tread is stronger tread on snow and ice.
    For the winter tires I was planning on these Bridgestones but you thought about the tire size is worth considering.

As for the summer tires I was thinking these, again Bridgestones.

I found a nail in my current rear tire last night so I 'll be at a tire dealer first thing Monday to get it repaired (want to squezze as much as possible from these before I toss them next winter) and will ask about your suggestion on tire size.

Thanks

Jim

i have some bridgestones RE 950 and they have never done me wrong, well except in the snow. but your getting snow tries so you should have that problem.

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Now, the snow tire, I highly recommends you get 205/65R15... smaller tread is stronger tread on snow and ice. Nokian is the best.
    I concur: these are awesome tires. Never got stuck yet.

I would recommend the Nokian Hakkapeliiti RSI over the Bridgestones. They both perform about the same but the Nokians wear a lot better than Blizzaks.