GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :: See? Fuel economy is relative...

Default :: See? Fuel economy is relative...

So according to the gauge, car consumes the same amount of fuel at 200kph as I do at 125kph... that's just under 10l/100km heh.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

going downhill is cheating

Downhill at 200kph... hmmm... that could get unnerving

... and please, don't take this as a challenge on how fast to snap your speedo, I was actually seriously checking out the fuel consumption as reported by the gauge every 10kph increment.

i've been driving da truck for the last 3 weeks as gas is so much higher then diesel lately, at the moment super (93*) is around .44 cents a gallon more then diesel, generally they are pretty close but with it like the truck only costs a couple pennys a mile more then the bmw which gets 6-7 mpg better
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i've been driving da truck for the last 3 weeks as gas is so much higher then diesel lately, at the moment super (93*) is around .44 cents a gallon more then diesel, generally they are pretty close but with it like the truck only costs a couple pennys a mile more then the bmw which gets 6-7 mpg better
    So I see email notification about winfred replying to the post. I think "oh ****, either it'll be incoherient drivel or going to be reamed through the ass like a comedy roast"

...then I come and read it... and I'm stunned it's a sober written piece... but for the life of me I can't figure out exactly what you're telling me on topic... lol

permit me to translate, "blah blahblahblah blah blahblah blah blah blah **** blahblah"

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    but for the life of me I can't figure out exactly what you're telling me on topic... lol
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Another day at the pump

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    So according to the gauge, car consumes the same amount of fuel at 200kph as I do at 125kph... that's just under 10l/100km heh.

Yeah, my '95 525 will bury the mpg needle at 200kph above 25km/l...if I am coasting down!

Actually, I get the same 8km/l if I drive 60kph or 160kph so go figure. This car doesn't get near the mileage everyone else reports. I figure it's the 235/40/18's and the aero kit and rear spoiler screwing me over. I swear this car just does not like to roll. We recently picked up an '03 Sable and man, that thing coasts like a mug! I checked the brakes and they are releasing so I figure the wide Goodyears don't like to roll down the road.

I'm glad for the OP getting in the low 20's above 100mph...

Brian

Of course...

You have to remember that that gauge isn't telling you how much gas you are consuming 'instantaneously', it's telling you how much fuel is being consumed per distance traveled (100km).

So there is no doubt the car is consuming way more fuel at 200km/h vs 125km/h, but it's consuming less/same 'overall' amount for the distance traveled because you are covering the distance in a shorter period of time.

l/100 km is a retarded measure, why couldn't we just have l / km.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast