GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: some e34 quick q's on m50 engine

Default some e34 quick q's on m50 engine

first of all i bought a e34 520i 1995 model, leather, sunroof, ac, keyless entry, wood trim. for $5999 australian...good deal or not?

also, the m50 engine and the car all round. any quirks or things i should watch out for directly relating to the 520i? does it have a timing belt or chain? thanks so much for any help you can provide

anyone know the original price of this car in 1995?

Just bought same car but w/o sunroof leather and keyless entry for 4750€ with 130k km on it. It is a bulllet proof engine and if you need more info, check http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/index.html I asked him about the 520 and he said that there was nothing to watch out for. Good purchase I would presume.
    [COLOR=Blue]95 540i/a schwarz with wheels and tint garaged in OR SOLD
    98 volvoXC three kid seats...makes it go faster

[COLOR="Purple"]95 520i/5sp 130k km Executive. no sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyturbo2002
    Just bought same car but w/o sunroof leather and keyless entry for 4750€ with 130k km on it. It is a bulllet proof engine and if you need more info, check http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/index.html I asked him about the 520 and he said that there was nothing to watch out for. Good purchase I would presume.

thats a good site, anyone know any other e34 sites? i cant find anything through google.

http://www.bmwe34.net is a good one to bookmark.

1995 520i is a VANOS engine, which means it has a chain. Most engine parts of the 520i are swappable with the 320i, there are more of those around. They use the same motor (M50).

Price sounds very reasonable, but with all cars of this age, service history and overall condition of the car are the biggest contributors to influence of the price. My E34 is in quite good condition, but I paid a lot for mine (also I got mine from a car dealer and not a private sale). Under $6k for an E34 is a pretty good deal IMO, even if it is a 520i.

A lot of tech articles on http://www.pelicanparts.com apply to our engine
    2008 audi A3 1.9tdi
    (former 1991 520i LPG)

yeah i bought mine from a car dealer to. its basically in immaculate condition. the car dealers wife was driving it around. theres a few bits and bobs wrong with it, but you can expect too much. the rectangular plastic surround attached to the automatic shift knob so you dont see anything underneath is gone. the ac isnt blowing very hard at all, what might that be does anyone know? also there was a small leak from the power steering but they wil fix that before i buy it. and a crack right in the middle of the front bumper. also a few scratches, nothing some touch up paint cant fix! it was a stolen car, but the smashed window and screwdrivered locks were replaced. the insurance company paid the person out and then the car showed up (after 6 weeks) so the insurance company got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by adashio
    the ac isnt blowing very hard at all, what might that be does anyone know?
    your microfilter is blocked, I'll give you the MAHLE part no. DON'T get it from BMW. Find a place that does only import parts and order it from Mahle.

Its a job you will have to do yourself mechanics hate doing that stuff (hence your filter has probably never been changed)

Germans: Why can't they make everything?