GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anybody got a line on a manual tranny for a 850 e31?

Default anybody got a line on a manual tranny for a 850 e31?

preferably one that costs less then just buying a whole car (only lead i found was $3400 plus 500 core, which i don't have), i don't really care 5 or 6 speed i just want a proper tranny for my next project, a twin turbo v12 6 series, should be fun, after i finish the e30 project ill probably stick a m30b35 in it to get it mobile and serve as the prototype for a rear mounted turbo set up that the v12 will be sporting a pair of if i can source a tranny to go with one of the many m70s i have at the yard
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

The whole car's going to cost more than just buying the trans new from the dealer. e31 850 parts cars, let alone 6 speed = super rare. I'm not aware of a 5 speed that will fit. You might want to get a T56 and fab a bellhousing, probably cheapest way to do it.

whats wrong with a 750 trans or are the ALL manual?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

E32 750 are all automatic, no manual.
    Only E31 had manual GETRAG, as well as the E32 740 European spec with a 6-speed GETRAG.

I should delete my post so everyone forgets my ignorance. I thought so but wasn't positive.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    E32 750 are all automatic, no manual.
    Only E31 had manual GETRAG, as well as the E32 740 European spec with a 6-speed GETRAG.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevera
    The whole car's going to cost more than just buying the trans new from the dealer. e31 850 parts cars, let alone 6 speed = super rare. I'm not aware of a 5 speed that will fit. You might want to get a T56 and fab a bellhousing, probably cheapest way to do it.
    did you sell your six speed trans?
    Gone but not forgotten

if only it were that easy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I should delete my post so everyone forgets my ignorance. I thought so but wasn't positive.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Winfred

Can't help with the trans but good luck with the project. This is the project I want to do given the money, time and skill. As I am lacking all three it will remain just a pipe dream.......

Good luck and post up loads of pics.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

it'll take a while to do the v12 and installng a m30 to get it up and going will wait for me to get my 325 on the blower (just like 10 minutes ago got back from the machine shop from picking up my clearenced and balanced 328/528 crank to go into a m20 block) i just need to process the projects i got, besides the 325 need to go fast enough to justify the m-coupe brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Winfred

Can't help with the trans but good luck with the project. This is the project I want to do given the money, time and skill. As I am lacking all three it will remain just a pipe dream.......

Good luck and post up loads of pics.