GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E38 M-Parallels on E34?

Default E38 M-Parallels on E34?

I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times before but I hope I can get 1001. I tried searching for the answer but google comes up with so much crap on this rim it's depressing.

Anyway, can someone give me a definitive yes/no on using the E38 M parallels on the E34? I hear mixed things. Some say no, others say maybe depending on tire, still others say yes...

Bruno, what rims does Bobby have?

Thanks!

The answer is yes and it depends on tires. All E-38 tires are larger in diameter than E-32 and E-34. You therefore need a shorter tire with M//'s to fit on an E-34 which means you can run the same tire width as what is on the E-38 but need a lower aspect ratio tire. E-38 M// aspect ratio of 50 will not fit or will be very tight/over spec in tire "height". Why incidently M//'s are more comfortable on an E-38....more side wall to absorb road shock as compared to the same wheels on an E-34.
    HTH,
    George

Sorry George, I should have been more clear. By "fit" I meant the width. I know the M5 M parallels are specifically made to fit the E34. But would the E38 wheels rub on the E34? (and the "maybe"'s I heard were related to how wide a tire you get - althought that doesn't make much sense to me)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    The answer is yes and it depends on tires. All E-38 tires are larger in diameter than E-32 and E-34. You therefore need a shorter tire with M//'s to fit on an E-34 which means you can run the same tire width as what is on the E-38 but need a lower aspect ratio tire. E-38 M// aspect ratio of 50 will not fit or will be very tight/over spec in tire "height". Why incidently M//'s are more comfortable on an E-38....more side wall to absorb road shock as compared to the same wheels on an E-34.
    HTH,
    George

the E-38 wheel width and offset will fit an E-34 fine. 235/255 front and back tire widths will work fine too. E-38 50 series aspect ratio tires will not fit...too tall.
    The E-38 rear 9.5 wide wheel with 255mm width tire will be very tight to the rear strut of an E-34.
    George

So what would you recommend? Staying away from these altogether? Get spacer or do nothing and just get them with a 255 tire out back?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    the E-38 wheel width and offset will fit an E-34 fine. 235/255 front and back tire widths will work fine too. E-38 50 series aspect ratio tires will not fit...too tall.
    The E-38 rear 9.5 wide wheel with 255mm width tire will be very tight to the rear strut of an E-34.
    George

Default I have E38 18x8 in the front with 245/40/18 and E39 18x9 (w/ hubcentric ring) with 26

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times before but I hope I can get 1001. I tried searching for the answer but google comes up with so much crap on this rim it's depressing.

Anyway, can someone give me a definitive yes/no on using the E38 M parallels on the E34? I hear mixed things. Some say no, others say maybe depending on tire, still others say yes...

Bruno, what rims does Bobby have?

Thanks!
    I have E38 18x8 on the front with 245/40/18 and E39 18x9 (w/ hubcentric ring) on the rear with 265/35/18 and it works fine. The car also has H&R lowering springs and Bilstein sports.