GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Theft

Nice. http://www.smartuki.com/why.html - Do you work here?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Paull-Edwards
    Seth Effrican idea struck me as good,gas jets under the sills wired to alarm or button,voila,roasted thief! Remember anything the factory puts on will have a fix so put your own idea on and tell nobody.I will only say mine has a pay-as-you-go camera phone and a pressurized can of hydrogen sulphide, work it out for yourself but never had a problem,did use up two cans in USSR tho.

Get a GPS tracking unit, mercury switches for your alarm, enable the OBC lock, put in a kill switch (I have the perfect place).

Lastly, put ugly 15" steel wheels with no hubcaps on it
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Photobucket is blocked at work, I promise to look when I get home though.

Yeah, those 1.8L in europe usually have a little pep. We were lucky, I think ours had a 2.8L motor in it - it was way bigger than what most people were driving around (ours was a rental too BTW, went to Germa...excuse me, the FATHERLAND).

The max I got the Vectra up to was 230kph on an open stretch of the autobahn (with the GF ). The reason I have the photo of going around 185 or so was because my GF was fooling around with the camera and taking a picture of the GPS unit in the car, and I didn't notice the speedo in the picture until we were showing our photos to my GFs parents!
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

My thought was to have a seperate and simple device that will function even if the factory alarm is defeated or someone has keys.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

any factory device has a factory bypass.

my suggestion for drive away theft.

a good 2 way aftermarket alarm, with a seperate ignition kill circuit that is triggerdd only off the remote auxilary outs.

then without the remote, there really is no way to start the car unless you un install everything. you can't put it in valet mode to bypass since turning the key doesn't give you ignition without the remote to use valet mode. Pulling the wire harness off the alarm will not return it to a working state either as on most alarm installs, because the alarm brain is required to disable the additional external ignition kill.
    This setup is required in el paso county by all the insurance companies on all new hummers and cadillac suvs before they will issue insurance for them. Since then very few have been stolen in el paso (before it was several a month), so apparently the thieves are stealing them from other places.

Tow away theft is becoming more and more common. Tow truck shows up and picks up a car, no one even thinks of questioning it.
    thus my recommendation for tow away theft
    of a good two way as above and the addition of a tilt sensor to help alert you to this.

also recommend adding a couple of those mini piezo sirens, one in the car and one at the rear of the car to make your alarm sound different than anyone elses. A couple of strobes inside will make it hard for passersby to ignore the car the car at night, and also can make it hard for a thief to see well enough to want to mess with bypassing the alarm.

But in the end if they really want it, they'll just tow it and take it somewhere else to tear it apart.

No, but there`s one out the back,anything that`ll outdrag an M5 or a 360 and look like **** is my kind car.Going down the road @ 14250rpm is orgasmic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12