GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Stupid e36 sedan windows.

Default Stupid e36 sedan windows.

So the passenger side dumped the glass recently, propped it up and didn’t bother till i got the slider clips. Dealt w/ this a few years ago on the driver’s side.

What a PITA. After repeated attempts i can get the window properly in the channel and the clips popped on, but they pop off whenever i try and run it up past halfway. GRRRR.
    After much research i know i need to silicone lube the window channels in the door. The slider clips in the rails is another story altogether, the rear is ok, but the front is very hard to move let alone slides freely. How do i loosen this up, can the metal rail be pried out a bit to open it up a mm or two?

”Hang up & Drive!”
    94 BMW 530iT&A 135K, ‘Helga’ ( for sale....WHOOPS, haulin again *confused* )
    92 BMW 325i 135K, ‘Rolf’ ( perfect ‘cept for raw bumpers *sigh* )
    91 Volvo 740 Turbonium Vagon 195K ‘Thor’ ( where’s my check! *rolleyes* )
    93 Datsun NX2000 175K ‘Carla’ ( beater rocket is back *whoohoo* )
    85 Toyo MR2 125K ‘Jerry’ ( dare i drive it *duh* )
    “Do you want the signature On or Off...............too bad." – Captain Murphy
    Last edited by paul p (chi-town); 05-15-2007 at 08:21 AM.

my friend has the coupe, and t when one of them goes up it will stop, go down a bit then continue.... any relation you think?
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAFerg
    my friend has the coupe, and t when one of them goes up it will stop, go down a bit then continue.... any relation you think?
    Possibly, but I bet it’s something else. Does it happen just short of all the way up?
    The coupe has this feature since it’s a frameless window that drops it a little when the door is open and comes back when the door is closed. There’s a few mentions of it out on the web, forget what the fix is tho.
    OTOH they do use the same sliders and similar rails so it could be the problem or at least a contributing factor.

Does it make any noises when it 'backtracks', like a POP of some kind

”Hang up & Drive!”

get everything sliding smooth (with lube or bending/polishing) and make sure the regulator didn't get bent during the **** up's
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it