GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS/FT - 1995 540i 6-speed

Default FS/FT - 1995 540i 6-speed

This 540 is VERY nice. It's the nicest non-m5 e34 I've been around. Interior is pretty much perfect and with the sport seats really looks nice.

I've owned the car for a little more than a year now and I bought it from the original owner. It had 93k miles when I got it and now has 114k. He was a lawyer here in Houston and bought the car new in Houston. I have an unbelievable set of service records on the car from him. It was maintained at the dealer here until he moved to LA where it was then maintained by Beverly Hills BMW. While out there the engine was replaced due to the Nikasil issue these cars had, it now has an Alusil block. This was done at around 33k miles and I have the receipts for it. So the engine basically has 80k miles on it.

Shortly after that he moved back to Houston and when the car went out of warranty it was maintained by Bavarian Machine, this shop is considered to be one of the best BMW indy shops in Houston, the guy even has his own in-house machine shop and builds most of the CCA club race cars. Again I have all receipts from the work done there.

When I bought the car the only thing that hadn't been replaced was the clutch. I put in a new clutch kit with pressure plate about 9k miles ago. I also added Eibach springs shortly after getting the car. It already had Bilstein shocks on it and a dealer installed Dinan chip (car is right around 300hp now).

I've had a few sets of wheels on it and finally settled on the 18" BBS style 5's in a staggered fitment. I looked for 2 years to get a set of these and really hate to see them go. If I were keeping the car I would have the clear stripped on the lips and get them refinished but as they are they are probably worth about $1200. A couple do have slight bends that cause a shimmy in the front end at certain speeds but that could easily be fixed when they are refinished. I was quoted $120/wheel to get them redone and the lips polished out by a local shop that I've used on other wheels.

I really wish I didn't have to sell the car but I guess I can't keep them all. It would be great to see someone get it that appreciates the rarity of it and would enjoy it and take care of it.

Looking for $10,500 obo. I can arrange a flight for anyone that would want to come to Houston and pick the car up.

Willing to take an e30 cab as partial trade.

The most recent pictures are here

All of the pictures since I've owned here

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Awesome car for a great price.. looks just like mine. If I only had 10K...

wow that is nice. too bad u werent interested in trading for a 540ia.
    Mark

1999 M3 Cosmos Black/ Black 78k
    1994 540i Oxford Green/ Silver Grey Sold @ 133k
    1995 M3 Arctic Silver/Black Sold @ 117k
    1990 325i Zinnobar Red/Black Sold @ 115k

sweet car but price is going to keep it in your garage

try ebay.com
    cars.com
    bmwcca national site
    and your local bmwcca chapter website
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

You maybe right but if someone know what he's doing may buy it. Those wheels are rare and the mileage is relatively low. I paid $8500 for mine and I'm spending $3000 just in parts for my car. Plus extra money for wheels+tires. If the car already has everything done and needs nothing for awhile, it's worth that money.

Most of us will go for a lower priced car then dump money into bring it up to speed. At this price you can get an E39 equivilant, which is a nice and more modern car. But some of us do have a sweet spot for the E34. If I don't have one already I'll definitely make an offer.

You should consider selling those wheels separate, which will bring the car's price down low enough so people can get a loan for it. Good luck selling. I wouldn't sell mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    sweet car but price is going to keep it in your garage

try ebay.com
    cars.com
    bmwcca national site
    and your local bmwcca chapter website

Quote Originally Posted by txp135
    You maybe right but if someone know what he's doing may buy it. Those wheels are rare and the mileage is relatively low. I paid $8500 for mine and I'm spending $3000 just in parts for my car. Plus extra money for wheels+tires. If the car already has everything done and needs nothing for awhile, it's worth that money.

Most of us will go for a lower priced car then dump money into bring it up to speed. At this price you can get an E39 equivilant, which is a nice and more modern car. But some of us do have a sweet spot for the E34. If I don't have one already I'll definitely make an offer.

You should consider selling those wheels separate, which will bring the car's price down low enough so people can get a loan for it. Good luck selling. I wouldn't sell mine.
    I'd agree with that. These cars are rare enough that you can ask that much. It will sit, but should sell eventually.

Good idea on knocking down the price without the wheels.
    Atlanta, GA/Bloomington, IN, USA

I think you should keep the wheels on and keep the price where it is or raise it a little... maybe to $11K -- then target a market and be aggressive in marketing. You can always come down a little or ship the car or both, as incentive to the buyer.
    Last edited by Evan; 05-14-2007 at 01:17 AM.
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Yet another one of Thad's beautiful machines on the market!

Had to see it go buddy, but I imagine you'll have something equally impressive to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by brodee
    This 540 is VERY nice. It's the nicest non-m5 e34 I've been around. Interior is pretty much perfect and with the sport seats really looks nice.

I've owned the car for a little more than a year now and I bought it from the original owner. It had 93k miles when I got it and now has 114k. He was a lawyer here in Houston and bought the car new in Houston. I have an unbelievable set of service records on the car from him. It was maintained at the dealer here until he moved to LA where it was then maintained by Beverly Hills BMW. While out there the engine was replaced due to the Nikasil issue these cars had, it now has an Alusil block. This was done at around 33k miles and I have the receipts for it. So the engine basically has 80k miles on it.

Shortly after that he moved back to Houston and when the car went out of warranty it was maintained by Bavarian Machine, this shop is considered to be one of the best BMW indy shops in Houston, the guy even has his own in-house machine shop and builds most of the CCA club race cars. Again I have all receipts from the work done there.

When I bought the car the only thing that hadn't been replaced was the clutch. I put in a new clutch kit with pressure plate about 9k miles ago. I also added Eibach springs shortly after getting the car. It already had Bilstein shocks on it and a dealer installed Dinan chip (car is right around 300hp now).

I've had a few sets of wheels on it and finally settled on the 18" BBS style 5's in a staggered fitment. I looked for 2 years to get a set of these and really hate to see them go. If I were keeping the car I would have the clear stripped on the lips and get them refinished but as they are they are probably worth about $1200. A couple do have slight bends that cause a shimmy in the front end at certain speeds but that could easily be fixed when they are refinished. I was quoted $120/wheel to get them redone and the lips polished out by a local shop that I've used on other wheels.

I really wish I didn't have to sell the car but I guess I can't keep them all. It would be great to see someone get it that appreciates the rarity of it and would enjoy it and take care of it.

Looking for $10,500 obo. I can arrange a flight for anyone that would want to come to Houston and pick the car up.

Willing to take an e30 cab as partial trade.

The most recent pictures are here

All of the pictures since I've owned here

-Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '95 M Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '91 M5

Thanks for the responses guys. As those of you that own 540's know the maintenance can be high if you buy one that hasn't been cared for. You can find them cheaper but the level of work that has been done to this car is what sold me on it originally. It's going to take the right buyer but I think it will eventually sell and I'm not in a big hurry and am willing to negotiate on the price if needed.

I don't think I'd seperate the wheels from the car unless someone wanted to make an offer on it without them. To me the wheels are perfect for the car and complete the package with the stance.

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

I'll trade you a '98 540i 6-spd for it straight up.....i'm an E34 lover at heart.
    Last edited by bimmerd00d; 05-14-2007 at 08:08 AM.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast