GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 740i go crunch.

Default My 740i go crunch.

My daughter is fine, but she got rear ended. So now my first bimmer I ever owned is gona get totalled. Moment of silence please.

Darn it, I really wish they woulda fixed it, but they're totalling it. They're gonna give me 8900 for it. They say it'd be 7800 to fix it, and with a rental it would exceed the ACV. Any suggestions, just take the money and run. Are insurance companies negotiable. For me to buy another would be 10000 or so, and they're only giving me 8900. It's got about 140000 miles on it. Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

PS, this is exactly why I have my daughters driving 7ers. They are safe. My other daughter (in pass seat) was reading when this happened, and she kept on reading after the crash!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

wow.. glad to hear that they are safe.

ins. companies are not really negotiable... now they may sell the car to you cheap if you want to fix it.. but then it'll have a salvage title. I say take the money and find another one...

Glad shes ok. Does it have a LSD in it? Need one for my 540

It doesn't look too bad. Bimmer Ed... you work at BMW dealer right? What is your cost through your employer?

It looks like an E38... Your insurance company have to give you near what it would cost to get another car at market price... not what book said. Hell, they get the car and sell on their insurance auction and reclaim another $3000+ back and their end resul pocket expense is only $5900 or less.

Since this is paid by the other insurance company... not yours... why the hell are your insurance company not helping you out? It cost nothing on their part as the at-fault insurance co is going to pay for your car.

To negotiate, check with your boss on what car you can get that is similar to what you got... with your employee discount... and present that to your insurance co. At least they will pay that much.

Fixing it should not be that bad... I really can't see the cost rising to $8000... I think in your case would be near $5000 if you find the right people. Bumper system need to be replaced... trunk... and pulling out the fender... but I don't see any compromise to the rear window pillar at all...

Your daughter most likely will have neck pain... so there will be medical bill paid by insurance co... plus pain and suffering payment... Get the wholl picture from your ins. agent.

Another thing... most policy have $50,000 property damage coverage... so don't let them get away cheap. Just tell them replace your car with similar options or suffer from liability claims.

When my '95 525i was totaled, the insurance company at first said they would give me X amount for it. When I priced the car via NADA, the value I got was higher than the value that the insurance company quoted me. So I called them back and told them they needed to account for the options. They told me that they do not reimburse for options if the car is >10 years old. I was able to convince them to throw in some more money because the car was in exceptional condition and was fully loaded, and I also stripped off everything I could at the junkyard (from the keyless entry to the ash trays) and sold what I could to try to recoup what I had spent while I owned the car. It about brought me to tears taking all that stuff out of the '5 and saying goodbye at the junkyard. I hope the insurance company properly reimburses you for your car. Good luck!

Private Party excellent condition is exactly what they are offering me. Since I can buy near wholesale, I'll likely just take the money and run. The car was not mint, it needed tires, had a rust spot starting at the bottom of one of the doors, the widwhield washer fluid container leaked. But the engine was perfect, valley pan gasket just replaced, as well as the oil separator. New plugs......all the standard stuff, including a new fuel pump. Heck a new instrument cluster too. I know it woulda gone another 100k miles. For the 8900 bucks I know I could find another one, but I had already replaced all the wearable parts on this one. Thrust arms, new bilsteins.....the list goes on the more I think. I believe the 8900 is a good though, and like I said, I'll likely just take it. I had a hitch on the back, so I'll ask to have that removed.

And no tiger, no LSD. ASC car.

Oh, there is a slight buckle in the c pilar.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default buy it back

I did this with my Rx mazdas.

Insurance would write off, I 'd get the check and offer to buy the wreck.

use the wreck to donate parts to a new project

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Resist, resist, resist! 1. its only metal,2.it looks and could be kinked,has crush zones remember.3.move on especially if it was not mint.Hope your daughters are ok but how about a 716 next time?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast