GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need Help - Spanner in the works?!

Default Need Help - Spanner in the works?!

Ive got myself into a bit of a pickle trying to put on an ///M grille badge. I first of all tried to get the front grille piece off (Next to the kidney grill - the black plastic that goes around the lights), but i couldn't get the bottom of it to come loose. Being a fool i decided to just bend it back and try and get the ///M thing on that way. I squeezed my hand in with one of the little nut things balanced on my finger, and managed to drop it down into a place which looks like it leads to the front bumper but im not sure?

I'm now worried about where the nut has gone as i still cant remove the plastic thing and have a look (i dont want to drive the car incase the nut has gone somewhere dangerous) Please Help asap if you know where its gone or how i can get a look at it.

Many thanks in advance.
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Default if that's how you're doing business....

...probably shouldn't be putting an the badge on the car....

until you find the nut... careful to to break the plastic, can be brittle....

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    Ive got myself into a bit of a pickle trying to put on an ///M grille badge. I first of all tried to get the front grille piece off (Next to the kidney grill - the black plastic that goes around the lights), but i couldn't get the bottom of it to come loose. Being a fool i decided to just bend it back and try and get the ///M thing on that way. I squeezed my hand in with one of the little nut things balanced on my finger, and managed to drop it down into a place which looks like it leads to the front bumper but im not sure?

I'm now worried about where the nut has gone as i still cant remove the plastic thing and have a look (i dont want to drive the car incase the nut has gone somewhere dangerous) Please Help asap if you know where its gone or how i can get a look at it.

Many thanks in advance.
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    (i dont want to drive the car incase the nut has gone somewhere dangerous) Please Help asap if you know where its gone or how i can get a look at it.

Many thanks in advance.
    Oh boy. Try a search using words such as front_grille_remove_removal. If you have a bentley, the procedure is outlined in it. While its not difficult, its not entirely obvious either.

As for your lost nut , there are likely many other things down there far more deleterious than the nut. Think of this as a sign. Remove the M badge, sell it on e-bay and go drive your 535.

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Default Thats a lot of help...

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    ...probably shouldn't be putting an the badge on the car....

until you find the nut... careful to to break the plastic, can be brittle....

* I dont understand what "putting an the badge on the car" means. Please try to write in coherent sentences when replying to threads, and if you can't offer any useful information it may be best to not bother. Thanks.
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it