GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rim size / ride height advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Don't go Bavauto spring... everyone hates them. If you do want to lower your car slightly it is M-Tech springs from your dealer... Are you sure you don't have it already? Is your car stick shift?
    Mines an automatic. The M5 springs would be good but I can only use M5 springs in the front... which might be good enough if the back looks fine. I think you can only use M5 rear springs if you have self-leveling suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by E34N
    Bottoming out is not the springs.. it would be your shocks. It's possible that you've heard this from the 8cyl owners.. since the v8 engine is so much heavier. Get some quality shocks and you should be fine.

Here's some good reading.

EDIT: ok.. maybe that site is where you heard the bottoming out... HERE
    Thanks. I had read that first site before and couldn't remember where I saw it. Good info.

M-tech springs are available for all E34... not only M5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    M-tech springs are available for all E34... not only M5.
    So M-tech springs are not the M-Technic springs found on M5's? They are something totally different? It sounds like they would be performance springs for the normal BMW (not the M series). I've never heard of this.

M-tech does make springs for M5... it is called sport suspension package for all BMW... you can order these for your car at BMW part counter or BMA.

The 540i6 have the M-technic springs from factory without the rear SLS. But I would do some research first before putting them on because of the weight difference.

my 535 has mtech springs,and with the narrower spring pads lowers the car just right in the rear,could do with a little more in the front(std fitment btw on the "sports" models)Here is a side shot with 17x 8 and 235 45x17 tyres
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by txp135
    The 540i6 have the M-technic springs from factory without the rear SLS. But I would do some research first before putting them on because of the weight difference.
    What I was thinking was getting the springs from a ~90 M5 3.6L. They all have the same part number and was thinking the engine weight was close to mine. (Spring I already have the 3mm lower spring pad installed. (Number 12 But the USA M5 come with a 9mm upper pad. Now if you go with the Euro M5 3.8 they come with both the 3mm upper and lower pads. (Euro pads But the front springs are a different part number so I don't know if the springs are the same diameter, so in turn I don't know if the 3mm upper pad will work.

As far as the 540-6, wouldn't the rear weight of the car be similar to my 535? But I couldn't find a model without self-leveling suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    my 535 has mtech springs,and with the narrower spring pads lowers the car just right in the rear,could do with a little more in the front(std fitment btw on the "sports" models)Here is a side shot with 17x 8 and 235 45x17 tyres
    Do you have the part numbers for the front and rear springs you installed? What car were they for?

Just go to dealer with your VIN number or call BMA and they will give you the right springs. It is not rocket science.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast