GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 1993 525i Flashers Not Working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1993 525i Flashers Not Working

Neither the Hazard or directionals work, The Relay in the fuse box is good and I checked for voltage at the relay plug and cant get anything. All the bulbs are good and all running lights work, high beams, low, side markers, backup, etc... There is also no green indicators displayed in the cluster when I try the hazard or turn signals. This is driving me and is obviously not safe, any help? Also, is there a seperate flasher for the indicators? If so, where is it located?

Turn the hazards on, put your head under the hood and listen for the flasher can. If you can hear it, good! if you can't, thats what you need to replace. When you get the replacement $28 odd from bmaparts you will be able to identify correct part in fuse box.

Oh, it is a duel relay, one for the left and one for the right.

Have a look at fuse #6 and#3
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Try thumping or re-seating the crash control relay module -- small brown relay near the lower-right corner of the fuse box as you're facing from the side of the fender:

You might want to disconnect the battery first so it doesn't precipitate a dreaded SRS warning (have radio code handy). Maybe firmly jiggle all the relays & modules while you're in there. I had no blinkers, no emerg. flashers, no highbeams when I removed that relay for putting in a non-airbag M-Tech steering wheel. All functions came back to normal when I put the relay back in. In the event of a crash severe enough to trip the SRS, I would assume the blinkers & highbeams come on by themselves, so it must be an integral part of the circuit.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

thanks for all the help, couldnt get anyone to help over at bimmerforums. Turns out it was both fuse #6 and the flasher relay. I assumed the relay was good since I swapped out my e36 one and it still didnt work, Changed fuse #6 and viola! Pulled the relay apart and one of the contacts was broken off causing the drivers side flashers to stay on constant like running lights. Off to pick & pull now. THere is a 7 series that my have the flasher relay still in it if its the same thing.