GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: my new car

Default my new car

after month of searching for a suitable replacement for my e34 and after looking at alot of e30's that were just hit and too expensive i gave up and looked elsewhere. i got myself a commuter but its also alot of fun to drive

1993 accord lx coupe 5spd

itl work for now

Glad you found wheels. It's certainly not in the spirit of things around here, you know, DIY on complicated and somewhat finicky cars.
    You could be forgiven if you later buy a Jaguar to compensate for your trouble free motoring.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Glad you found wheels. It's certainly not in the spirit of things around here, you know, DIY on complicated and somewhat finicky cars.
    You could be forgiven if you later buy a Jaguar to compensate for your trouble free motoring.
    I replaced my finicky(but wonderful) BMW with a less finicky Sweedmobile that hauls quite a bit of ass. Hello 275 HP for $800.

I witnessed an interesting "race' a few days ago.
    Some goof in a late seventies rubber bumper Corvette was squeeling tires at avery stoplight and making a nuisance of himself constantly changing lanes. I had been behind him for a while when he finally was first at a stoplight, next to a Volvo C70R with three aboard. When the light turned the ass in the Vette charged off as before. Did I mention the Vette had a bad exhaust leak? That and sidepipes will really make those wheezy smoggers sound bad.
    Have I painted a picture yet?
    The Volvo driver was minding his own business but his passenger gave him a jab and pointed at the Vette. Mr Volvo stabbed it from well behind now, a bit of carbon smoke out the exhausts and quickly reeled in Joe disco Vette who turned off at the next street to avoid the humiliation face to face at the coming red light. The boys in the Swede and myself were all laughing like hyenas at the next light.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Looks well maintained. Heres to it bringing you 50,000 wonderful miles.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    I witnessed an interesting "race' a few days ago.
    Some goof in a late seventies rubber bumper Corvette was squeeling tires at avery stoplight and making a nuisance of himself constantly changing lanes. I had been behind him for a while when he finally was first at a stoplight, next to a Volvo C70R with three aboard. When the light turned the ass in the Vette charged off as before. Did I mention the Vette had a bad exhaust leak? That and sidepipes will really make those wheezy smoggers sound bad.
    Have I painted a picture yet?
    The Volvo driver was minding his own business but his passenger gave him a jab and pointed at the Vette. Mr Volvo stabbed it from well behind now, a bit of carbon smoke out the exhausts and quickly reeled in Joe disco Vette who turned off at the next street to avoid the humiliation face to face at the coming red light. The boys in the Swede and myself were all laughing like hyenas at the next light.
    This happened to me last week:

So tonight, I was at a Schlotzki's Deli with a couple friends, eating a tasty sammich, and a guy I knew from highschool was bragging about his '97 Mustang GT. Saying how fast it was and that it could take almost anything on the road.
    He said my crappy Volvo looked about as fast as... something slow.... I can't remember what he said. So of course my friend had to say something about how the Swedemobile would take it no problem.

I agreed for some reason. We went out to the *drag strip*.

I powerbraked it to about 4000 rpm so it would be just under the powerband. I launched, he jumped ahead. I hit about 20 MPH and blew by him and he couldn't catch up at all.

He said It was all luck.

I laughed, and so did my friends, as well as his friend(at him for getting beat by a Volvo sedan).

Lesson learned, the 850 Turbo is a wolf in sheep's clothing and is faster than a stock Mustang GT (With a base 4.6).

hey dont worry ill be in the same boat too. ill be buying my friends E30 325iS for $1500 soon. Only needs an alignment and 2 rear tires and a output shaft seal on the tranny. Just got a new water pump and timing belt. Also has 17 inch Alpina Kopis and the racing dynamics sideskirts and rear apron.
    Mark

1999 M3 Cosmos Black/ Black 78k
    1994 540i Oxford Green/ Silver Grey Sold @ 133k
    1995 M3 Arctic Silver/Black Sold @ 117k
    1990 325i Zinnobar Red/Black Sold @ 115k

hopefully 100k with regular maintaince