GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think - engine look cleaner?

Default What do you guys think - engine look cleaner?

Here are a few pics of the progress, see if you can tell all that is different throughout each phase:

More updates to follow!

The exhaust side of your turbo went from smooth and grey to rough and rusty.

But the valve cover looks nice.

It's too bad you couldn't route that turbo oil line somewhere in front of the valve cover and underneath the intake. It takes away from the cleanness of the engine going over the top like that. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    The exhaust side of your turbo went from smooth and grey to rough and rusty.

But the valve cover looks nice.

It's too bad you couldn't route that turbo oil line somewhere in front of the valve cover and underneath the intake. It takes away from the cleanness of the engine going over the top like that. JMO.

That first pic was like the day of the completion - I used noise ninja to take a low light pic and it smoothed the surface of the turbo like that, it was grey though. Thats what 1300+ degrees F does to ****! I am getting it swaintech'd soon!

Beautiful
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

This thing going to be finished by June for the Chicago meet?

I'd love a ride .......
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Nice. How is the turbo engine doing with MS? It has been atleast, what 6 months now....?

Make a cosmetic heat shield for that turbo, or I guess you could make it functional and appealing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    This thing going to be finished by June for the Chicago meet?

I'd love a ride .......

I am debating on going out to Chi town for it - it's together now, but I may be taking it apart to make it um.. "more" i guess you could say

Quote Originally Posted by aston_jag_tech
    Nice. How is the turbo engine doing with MS? It has been atleast, what 6 months now....?

Make a cosmetic heat shield for that turbo, or I guess you could make it functional and appealing too.
    Actually you laugh but there is this DIY mod using a stainless steel put cut in half, supra guys do it for years. I may do it. Might hit up walmart tomorrow for a nice shiny pot

Engine runs great. Want to see some videos?

http://www.blowneuroz.com/mygallery/m50cop.wmv

http://www.blowneuroz.com/mygallery/exhaust.wmv

The first video looks like it misfires when I move a connector but it was warming up and just went rich for a split second - the connector i move is unplugged

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Actually you laugh but there is this DIY mod using a stainless steel put cut in half, supra guys do it for years. I may do it. Might hit up walmart tomorrow for a nice shiny pot

I wont laugh I promise, I was a junky(back in the day) where I went to lowes or home depot for a...what??....performance intake... And I actually learned a little too

The pot will look great!!!

The first video looks like it misfires when I move a connector but it was warming up and just went rich for a split second - the connector i move is unplugged
    Im laughing at the second video...Check engine light, engine oil low, blah blah blah...

Superb job john!

Quote Originally Posted by aston_jag_tech
    Im laughing at the second video...Check engine light, engine oil low, blah blah blah...

Superb job john!
    LOL check engine light is funny if I stomp test it shows "fuel pump fault" with like 20 other codes stating that the engine will not run, kind of humorous. The engine oil level is a pain though, I swapped oil pans in and used the sensor that was in there, it worked good for a long time. It started doing this oil level low so I threw a quart in there (i leak and burn some oil) and it didn't go away, so I check the level in the morning and it was like 1/3" over the "filled" mark. Meh.

Check engine, oil level, blah blah blah

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast