GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Replacing Heater Core Using Shortcut

Default Replacing Heater Core Using Shortcut

Has anyone replaced their heater core using the shortcut method described in the famous link http://www.homeofsbc.com/Fixes/Heater/heater.htm

If so any other words of advice. I'm thinking of doing this over the next week or so, if the shortcut does indeed work. Otherwise I might drive down to Long Island and have the guy I read about in the archive who has the low rate do it.(and must use some sort of shortcut as well).

Thanks in advance,

Tom Der
    North Hampton, NH
    90 535im
    91 M3

looks spooky, id pay 300 not to do it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default The shortcut works, a number of people on the roadfly 7 board have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tder
    Has anyone replaced their heater core using the shortcut method described in the famous link http://www.homeofsbc.com/Fixes/Heater/heater.htm

If so any other words of advice. I'm thinking of doing this over the next week or so, if the shortcut does indeed work. Otherwise I might drive down to Long Island and have the guy I read about in the archive who has the low rate do it.(and must use some sort of shortcut as well).

Thanks in advance,

Tom Der
    North Hampton, NH
    90 535im
    91 M3

I've always wondered who decided this was a shortcut. Bentley does not mention removing the dash. I tend to think this is a shortcut for the 7 crowd.

The method described on this site is pretty much what Bentley recommends and what I did to replace my h/c. DO NOT forget to replace the plastic tubes from the h/c to the firewall (and h/c valve). I believe the cracked, aged plastic was the real culprit in the h/c failure. Nonetheless, I now have piece of mind knowing both components are new.

An anoying job but certainly within the realm of DIY with a few simple tools and some space. I might allow a few more hours than 3.5 unless you have BTDT.

Regards,

Roland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tder

Thanks in advance,

Tom Der
    North Hampton, NH
    90 535im
    91 M3