GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's interested in a MAF conversion ?

Default Who's interested in a MAF conversion ?

I've been working on a MAF conversion and have a prototype which should be in production in June. I have it running on a 3.2l Metric mechanic M20 and will adapt it to the M30 also.

Each version will come with a custom EAT chip for the specific motor.

Here are a few pictures:
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/558726438RfkIha

The M20 now has much improved throttle response and driveability. You can actually accellerate from 1200 rpm in 3rd or 4th gear.

MarkD

i would be but i am a week or two away from megasquirt, i am planning on trying the dual map/maf setup but ill be using one outta the yard off a late bimmer. i will be spreading the word that you have one coming out
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I'm sure there's a sizeable market for this... just look at the response Miller got on bf.c

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=708521

Wow, I'd be interested, depending on the price of course. I've been thinking of an EAT chip for a while and a MAF would be nice too.

Will the MAF bolt right in to where the AFM is on the M30, using the stock boots and airbox? Will there be any manual adjusting for the MAF or is it "Plug and Play"? (can't remember your response from my older thread)

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    Wow, I'd be interested, depending on the price of course. I've been thinking of an EAT chip for a while and a MAF would be nice too.

Will the MAF bolt right in to where the AFM is on the M30, using the stock boots and airbox? Will there be any manual adjusting for the MAF or is it "Plug and Play"? (can't remember your response from my older thread)

I didn't make the M30 system yet, but it will drop in where the current AFM is and connect to the airbox. It required no adjustment, but will come with a new EAT chip tuned for each application. There is no adjustment required.

The price will be around $700 - $750 but I honestly beleive it's worth every penny. If you saw it on the m20b32 you guys would be shocked.

The parts to make this are quite expensive. (especially the MAF) and also, I have to re-tune all the chips for this setup.

I'm using a 3" diameter MAF. Another company that sells MAF conversions does not use such a good MAF.

Mark
    Last edited by MarkD; 04-19-2007 at 10:19 AM.

It all boils down to price Do I get a rebate with an existing EAT chip? Cash and carry if I come by and visit?
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i would be but i am a week or two away from megasquirt, i am planning on trying the dual map/maf setup but ill be using one outta the yard off a late bimmer. i will be spreading the word that you have one coming out
    Hi Winfred,

I wish you would have had a chance to try this out. You should drive over to Metric Mechnic and see the car, it's really fast.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    I didn't make the M30 system yet, but it will drop in where the current AFM is and connect to the airbox. It required no adjustment, but will come with a new EAT chip tuned for each application. There is no adjustment required.

The price will be around $700 - $750 but I honestly beleive it's worth every penny. If you saw it on the m20b32 you guys would be shocked.

The parts to make this are quite expensive. (especially the MAF) and also, I have to re-tune all the chips for this setup.

I'm using a 3" diameter MAF. Another company that sells MAF conversions does not use such a good MAF.

Mark

That may be doable for me... What is the expected HP/torque gains from this system? I've heard a MAF improves throttle response, are the any other benefits?

Two other question I'd have before buying this... I've seen MAF conversions before that have to use a tuning box where you need to tune your own A/F mixture because the M30 is set up for the AFM and has no way to regulate the MAF. (guessing here) So I guess the custom EAT chip works with the new MAF? Is that the way the cars that come with a MAF do it? Just curious..

And the biggie... is this California smog legal? I think I've read that the EAT chip actually tested better for emissions, but what about the modification of the AFM. Could that cause them to fail it?

Price and gains, as I'm sure you know. If you can prove without a doubt that yours is worth the few extra hundred, people will go for it based on your reputation and willingness to publish results *cough*.

Default interesting

will the onboard diagnostics still work with the new chip?

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast