GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOT: Something for the musicians

Default WOT: Something for the musicians

Ok, this is way OT, but for any of you that are old like me you might know this one by Heart ;P I'm not that great but am finally getting it down so I thought I'd share... Sound close?

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    Ok, this is way OT, but for any of you that are old like me you might know this one by Heart ;P I'm not that great but am finally getting it down so I thought I'd share... Sound close?
    Linking correctly helps...

http://www.belletc.net/music/.mp3

Amazing songwriters, what did you use to record?
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    Amazing songwriters, what did you use to record?
    I use Cool Edit Pro on my PC and record from an electric guitar direct into the sound card. Pretty cheesy setup for now... later I'd like to get a more professional sound card (like a Delta) and a tube preamp and/or line6 POD for the guitar.

I know many many many people that stand by the POD series, but personally, I think they flatten out everything and give the sound a fake "plastic" feel.

Now I'm probably not patient enough, but if I have to spend two hours EQing and finding the tone I want, it's not worth it.

I did like the recording however. I can't play any Heart

I know many many many people that stand by the POD series, but personally, I think they flatten out everything and give the sound a fake "plastic" feel.

Now I'm probably not patient enough, but if I have to spend two hours EQing and finding the tone I want, it's not worth it.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. If it's too complex it's not worth it. I've heard people say good things about pods though, guess I have to try one out.

I did like the recording however. I can't play any Heart
    Thanks! ... fellow guitar player? What kind of stuff do you play?

I would reccomend a great program from Native Instruments called Guitar Rig 2. It's what I used when I was touring, and it allows you to directly line in and emulate pretty much and sound / amp / mic placement you are looking for.

guess I have to try one out.
    Definitely, don't let someone else's bad experiences decide your purchase.

I play guitar for a local metal band, a church, and every once in awhile bluegrass style with my art teacher and his friends. So I get a pleasing amount of variety, and I love it.

Crazy on you?
    -Mike

Metal Church?
    Definitely, don't let someone else's bad experiences decide your purchase.

I play guitar for a local metal band, a church, and every once in awhile bluegrass style with my art teacher and his friends. So I get a pleasing amount of variety, and I love it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast