GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP - Mass shooting victims in Virginia

Default RIP - Mass shooting victims in Virginia

Scary ****.

32 dead so far, similar amount wounded.
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Yeah, I heard about it. I have a few friends over there. They all seem to be ok.

33 now,time to amend the constitution,ban the N.R.A,retire Heston and realise that bullets hurt? We over here are starting to suffer from the problems US had twenty years ago, there are parts of major cities in UK that you dont go to with an E34 unless its armoured..,I sympathise with US citizens for your losses.

Surely you jest.. This University is what is known as a "gun free zone". If Staff, students and faculty were armed at their discretion someone could have TAKEN THIS FREAK OUT!.
    Last edited by Jehu; 04-16-2007 at 05:31 PM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Paull-Edwards
    33 now,time to amend the constitution,ban the N.R.A,retire Heston and realise that bullets hurt? We over here are starting to suffer from the problems US had twenty years ago, there are parts of major cities in UK that you dont go to with an E34 unless its armoured..,I sympathise with US citizens for your losses.
    +1

If staff, students and the faculty were armed at their discretion?? See your point but the only people who should carry arms in a faculty like that should be well trained,not students!Maybe I was a bit extreme on the NRA but quite simply guns are for trained, stable people who have experience of using them,period.

There is no reason to assume untrained people will be routinely carrying guns. The fact remains in states such as where i live in NH where a large portion of the population carry firearms and coincidentally gun violence is proportionally extremely low ,people conscientiously seek out and receive training in proper handling and use of firearms so the idea that allowing citizens to exercise their Constitutionally protected rights bear arms is letting a bunch of loose cannons with no idea how to handle them free to rove about drawing their gun at the drop of a hat is baseless propaganda.

that's all nice but where there's smoke there's fire, and where there's dead people with wholes in them there are guns, more specifically, "loose cannons with no idea how to handle them roving about drawing their guns at the drop of a hat" Unless people want to submit to serious psychological testing as well as background checks for gun ownership AND be criminaly responsible for the loss of a gun then the problem continues. Personally I'd prefer an all out ban. Guns are for killing, period.

And yes, I realize I'm pissing in the wind here preaching to a largely biased US audience.

Fair point well put.However the majority may be sane but the minority are round the bend.Giving them the right to bear arms is surely not sensible,so how about stricter qualifications for a licence? Over here getting a revolver licence is nigh on impossible outside service personel and a shotgun licence is only given to those without a criminal record, so guns are rare.Anyone who has had to use a weapon at war(me) will not want the responsibility again, a lesson I suspect Iraq is teaching a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by nixter
    that's all nice but where there's smoke there's fire, and where there's dead people with wholes in them there are guns, more specifically, "loose cannons with no idea how to handle them roving about drawing their guns at the drop of a hat" Unless people want to submit to serious psychological testing as well as background checks for gun ownership AND be criminaly responsible for the loss of a gun then the problem continues. Personally I'd prefer an all out ban. Guns are for killing, period.

And yes, I realize I'm pissing in the wind here preaching to a largely biased US audience.
    When you've grown tired of living in a fantasy world we'll welcome you back in Reality. It is clear this guy knew how to handle guns and if there were just one individual who also knew and had one in his vicinity they could have responded and killed this mindless assassin before he was able to slaughter everyone he did. If you persist in believing guns as such can ever be eradicated from among us you, i believe, could qualify for government assistance because you are clearly delusional. Preventing law abiding, thoughtful Citizens from exercising their Constitutionally recognized and protected God given right to defend themselves is the real crime as you will always have these insane individuals going off the deep end from time to time, it will never be otherwise so disarming the innocent merely forces them to become unwilling victims of otherwise stoppable lunatics.
    Last edited by Jehu; 04-16-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast