GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: e34 power window gremlin

Default e34 power window gremlin

My continually sticking/non closing drivers side window finally annoyed me enought to prompt me to take the door apart and have a look at the problem. I did disasemble the mechanism, took motor apart & checked bushes, and finally decided I should just by another one from the wreckers, as the drive gears were slipping, so I put it all back together for the time being, and I believe all the wiring has idiot proof connections, but now when you press the switch up, the window goes down, and when you press down, it goes up. Obviously sounds like something is plugged in the wrong way, but I have checked all the connectors in the door and they can only go together one way. Does something have to be reset or the car computer told when the window is up?? I thought it would be a simple issue to fix but I can't seem to find the answer. Anyone else had this happen?

Cheers
    Andrew.
    '95 525i touring.

Never had that happen but I would check the connector on the motor itself....might be assbackwards. Ive had lots of power window issues as well and tried everything before buying a new motor.....its probrobly wise to purchase the new motor. I had way to much time in mine and ended up buying a new motor anyway.

I have one doing the same thing after disassembly. Though I haven't done it yet, I read somewhere that a complete reboot of the car may fix it. Since pressing the window switch activates the GM to raise and lower the windows, it just might be confused.

I'm doing a trans filter/fluid change and am doing the complete "brain drain" on the car afterward. Hopefully this will fix it.
    '95 540iA ~212k

try double checking your wiring then do a reset

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl