GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Another hard wired stereo question

Default Another hard wired stereo question

alright well i have a 1990 525ia, it's got the hardwired system.....
    unfortunately the stock radio is the universal plug style, so the wires are all hacked up and i wasn't able to tell which wires were which

i'm installing a clarion dxz845mp(something like that)

i have power, ground, amp turn on, ign, dimmer

just need the speaker wiring

i tried wiring it before but i wasn't able to get any decent sound quality out of the system, sounded like it was starving for power, and speakers were distoring

i noticed that in some posts people were talking about a pac oem2, might be able to help the problem?

any insight?

thanks!!

You probably had it wired correctly. The reason the sound was distorting is because you are fighting the built-in crappy amp that is wired in to the speakers from the factory. Do a search and you'll find hundreds of postings that solve this problem

Car Info is HERE

alright sounds good, so i have to either re-wire the amp to rca, or pick up a pac oem2

i'm not going to rewire the whole system, just because i want some mp3

thanks

I had good luck putting in high end alpine units (7997 and 7998 units) through the factory amp by using low level wire outputs that basically anticipated a small factory amp. Sound was great - head units were in the $500 - 600 price range though.

If it has the blaupunkt 4x15 OEM amp, you could do what I did as step one of my amp install, and just remove the internal amp and basically jumper it from the pins that are the input from the Headunit, to what would have been the pins for the amp output, while still using the amp's xover section to split things up. MUCH better dynamics... so you know the oem amp sucks.
    I did a pictorial/ pinout on bimmerlounge.com if you want to look. It leaves all the mods INSIDE the amp case so RTS is simply connecting another OEM amp in place, and it's invisible to the eye.

OnN thing I can tell you. Do NOT expect to use more than 2/3rd volume on a clarion's internal amp, whether to the speakers or just over 1/2 to the OEM amp inputs.... the internal amp starts distorting about then in my personal experience.

alright, i'm checking out bimmerlounge,

thanks!