GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it me or do we all really love our E34s?

Default is it me or do we all really love our E34s?

seems like everyone in here, including myself, really plans on keeping these things forever. i see posts about engine swaps and $3k paint jobs. these cars are woth about quarter of they are when they were new and it seems everyone just wants to keep putting money into them to keep them in top shape and running smoothly. aint nothin wrong with that!

im just glad to see im not the only one who has big plans for his E34 with over 120k on it. I would love to do a 6-speed swap and whenever my M60 dies an S62 swap. I like E39s but the E34, well... theres nothing like an E34!

Wherever there's a car, theres someone that want's to improve it.

There's not much more you can improve on e34's, but I'll agree, I LOVE my 5. I'll have some emotional distress if I ever have to sell it.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Yeah, I don't get it either. I drove an E39 after I already own my car, but I didn't get the same feeling as when I drove my car. My big plan is to restore the car as close to it's original condition as possible and make improvements that do not sacrifice anything else. But I don't like to look at the costs.

I'm doing my best to do a rolling restoration/improvement to mine. Kinda hard with a daily driver, since stuff keeps BREAKING on me, but that's what I get for being too poor for a little beater. That or being too picky, can't find an e30 for 500 bucks...

I thought the same thing as you, 'that's money who would spend so much on a new paint job, or a 5-speed swap?' But it is a 5-series after all, I mean it's not like they made millions of them, and if you take care of it it'll be running long after most new cars are dead. Even a mediocre one still has airs of a luxury car, and they're all (well almost all) worth investing in. Eventually the depreciation will stop too, and if you've been taking care of your car, it'll begin to appreciate. Look at the ridiculous money some people are spending on nice E12s and E28s.

I fully understand the money thats involved, its just tricky to restore a daily driver, especially one that needs as much body work as mine. One of these days when I have a good chunk of money I will just bite the bullet, borrow my brother's crown vic *shudder* for 3 weeks and have all the body work done. Of course, then I won't want to drive it for fear of scratching the new paint job, or getting a dent....

by the way, I know it's OT but has anybody ever tried silver or gold leafing the pinstripe? I like the pinstripe, I know a lot of you guys paint over it or remove it, I think it would look really awesome in silver leaf instead of just being painted on.

My wife has a nice E39 but you guessed it, given a choice, I always jump in my E34 when I go out.
    1994 530i

I LOVE my E34...

No denying it for a second!! I'm an E34 tragic!!

Unfortunately, mine is tough love... She is sitting in a garage for a while til I finish my uni degree and have the money to get her looking and running as she should!! It is very heartbreaking

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

The E34 was the very last of the classic BMW designs of the '70's and '80's. I honestly believe that 40 years down the track a well kept version of this car will still look like a classic. I'm planning on handing mine down to my kids... (ha, havent even found a wife yet!)

hehehe love my e34 soo much i think ill be stuck to it if not forever then for a veerrrryyy llloooooooooooonngg time. i have 256,000kms. on the clock i wonder how long she could go for?? here's a pix of my baby though
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bmwrp8; 03-30-2007 at 03:33 AM.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast