GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it me or do we all really love our E34s?

a quarter?When my car was new it was approx $125,000 !If i sold it ,and it is quite a nice example of a 535is ie a 535 manual withthe mtech body kit and suspension,with sports seats and a lsd...I would be lucky to get 7000,its done 216000 kms
    Gone but not forgotten

I've owned mine for a little over 5 years and would never even think about replacing it. I've got 204k and it runs awesome. Had a paintless dent removal guy take out 6 dings yesterday and he couldn't believe my car was a 92'. I was given an 84' 528e which I've been using as a daily driver. It runs good and is in good shape. But, when I get back in my e34, I love it even more.

Greg Mendoza

Yes, it's a happy-sad relationship. I love it because it's just so spiffy and economical (overall). It's sad because I just CANNOT justify buying another car with this in working order. The only way I'd get another car is if *TOUCH WOOD* this car get's 'lowered' (see other thread).
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Stefanie is the high maintenance girl that keeps taking my money, but I dont mind because she is beautiful sophisticated athletic and better than I ever deserve. All my friends are telling me to move on from this abusive relationship, but they dont get it!
    Because after a night on the town, or a sunday afternoon in the mountains you know you want to spend the rest of your life with her no matter what...
    1995 525i "Stefanie"

Just compare what you spend on e34 upkeep with a monthly payment on a new BMW -

Gotta tell ya, i’ve been trying to get over the hump and sell mine.
    I really do want an e34 in my life, just not a V8.
    It’s been years on the fence and surprise, surprise......it’s still here.

Just today, took it out for some errands, had some tool riding my bumper off a green. I’m in no hurry, i have a passenger but they’re ‘pushing’..........fine, floor it and keep it there thru some curvy bits. No fuss no muss, all stock save for an MTech tiller, this thing just hunkers down and goes........to HomeDepot. Where it swallowed quite a haul and then took a stop at the grocery store on top of that.

”Hang up & Drive!”
    94 BMW 530iT&A 135K, ‘Helga’ ( for sale....WHOOPS, a daily driver *confused* )
    92 BMW 325i 135K, ‘Rolf’ ( he’s baaaaack *woohoo* )
    91 Volvo 740 Turbonium Vagon 195K ‘Thor’ ( where’s my check! *rolleyes* )
    93 Datsun NX2000 175K ‘Carla’ ( blown clutch *mad* )
    85 Toyo MR2 125K ‘Jerry’ ( dare i drive it *duh* it thumps *grin* )
    <Captain Murphy>"Do you want the signature On or Off...............too bad." -- </Captain Murphy>

I havent had any probs besides the stupid CEL lite occasionally popping up, maybe at almost 200k I should concider new O2 sensors.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul p (chi-town)

I really do want an e34 in my life, just not a V8.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I havent had any probs besides the stupid CEL lite occasionally popping up.
    The 3er had the O2 code pop up a week after buying it, swapped it and the light hasn’t blinked once since. Bad gas, old gas, problem era coils, extended outdoor storage, nothing seemed to bother it. Plus the M50 is easier to DIY, a little better on gas, easier to add hp, and easier to stickify.
    The Volvos are even simpler, and to make then MUCH quicker, just turn up the boost. The handling, eh it wasn’t a land yacht or anything.......but it also isn’t a bmw.

Considering that ‘Helga’ is absolutely needed in the rotation at the moment, she stays.

WTF tho, the volvo was a beater/beast from rusty wisconsin with almost 200k miles 3 years older and yet everything in that hatch works. *rolleyes*

”Hang up & Drive!”
    Last edited by paul p (chi-town); 04-02-2007 at 02:09 AM.

Ahhhh read your post about mileage and follow your thinking.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Granted my car is an M5 but it is the most brilliant car I've ever owned. It does so many things so well and looks so good that I doubt I will ever replace it with anything but another e45 M5, touring or an S38B38 European M5. The cars are classically beautiful [as stated by an earlier poster], offer a decent bit of exclusivity, drive purer than the newer cars and no electronic nannies to break or get in the way of a nice drive.

Glad to see so many people into their cars, as I have spent quite a bit on mine but every dollar has been worth it in my opinion.
    1991 e34 M5 Sterlingsilber/light silvergrey
    Shadowline
    French Fogs
    Hella Euro Ellipsoids+Philips HID
    Sport II Steering wheel
    e38 M Parallels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast