GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video - Why you should never follow a bus in Europe!

Default Video - Why you should never follow a bus in Europe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728DfbxQ1bs

some info I found on another site...:
    "From what I understood, It is a traffic limited area in manchester. Only busses, service and emergency can go through. I think the cars allowed to pass are equipped with transponders. Not sure what the bollards have to recognize that the car has gone completly through, maybe laser.

I read it claims 3 vehicles per week"
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

thats hilarious, first one was obviously intentional, second one looked like a couple of idiots that didn't know about it.

1995 BMW 530ia/3.15lsd/M Parallels/Eibach/Bilstien/Magnaflow

Uh, someone please tell me there are signs and it is common knowlege that those are there...

I'm honestly surprised that they are there if they claim that many cars.
    We have nothing like that in the states. I don't think the city could get away with something that could total the car just to stop them from following a bus. The worst we can have are those little gates that go up and down.

Seriously though, what the hell, why aren't they used for stopping car bombs in front of embassies, that's what these things are made for. This is actually kind of uncool.

Yeah, they should know, but still - they don't deserve that ****.

Someone explain how well known they are and I might change my mind.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

it's the first time i've ever seen them, good idea though

those hurt bad, looks like some catastrophic damage there
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Maybe a good place to be a lawyer?

I don't think the UK suffers from the sale degree of terminal liability BS as the US
    they disobeyed traffic law. That is a stop sign there and none of those people stopped at the time they ran into the bollard.

If that were the case maybe people should sue the government for putting booms on toll gates for them to run into if they decide not to stop?

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Yeah, there would for sure be an easy to see stop sign at those. In the beginning of the video you see the giant flashing signs. All the people who got owned were without a doubt just trying to sneak in.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Serves them right for being wankers on the road. Rather than spend another 5-10 minutes going around like every other law-abiding citizen, they thought that they could get away by taking a shortcut. Now they're stuck with the pieces.

Mind you, a lot of them sped through that red-painted road, which has been narrowed and is used as a pedestrian crossing. On the last video I saw a lot of prams -- what if one of those cars crashed through them all?

Not sure if any of you know, but a few days ago a 42-year old learner driver crashed through a bus stop in Sydney, colliding through 13 people, 2 of who were children, and killed a 20 year old woman.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...761436463.html
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...76-952,00.html

**** like this happens everywhere. All so one person can save 5 mins.

Not sure about in America, but I am quite sure that if any one of those drivers tried to sue the city for these bollards, the case would be thrown out of court within a second.
    Last edited by LunatiC; 03-28-2007 at 07:50 PM.

That's some funny stuff, except the black SUV with kids in the back. It is obvious the driver knows what's going on and still she tailgates the bus and accelerates to try to make it, even with kids in the car.... Shame on her... I wish we could have things like that here but the stupid drivers would take offence and the MAN would cave in... I say not only should the driver not be able to sue anybody, but, as in this case, she should be fined for trying to get thru and even prosecuted for endangering a child....

Forget about that in the U.S.. Nobody is responsible for anything, it's always somebody elses fault... Here, we're not there yet... thankfully...

Jeff
    I prefer to be misunderstood rather than having to explain myself all the time...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast