GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The mini cooper filter really is mini, just got some from

Default The mini cooper filter really is mini, just got some from

BMA for a cooper s and was surprised how small they are

Mmm... about the size of the GM filter for 3.8L V6... PF40? Tiny

hey Bill...Scott H has a friend with one and says it a blast. You take it around the block yet to check out your work?
    ;-)
    George

Not to hijack the thread, but a few days ago i put up a poll asking about options for new cars. just thought i'd let everyone know i think i'm settled on a Mini. So bill, take it for a spin for me, lemme know how she is.

Default Not the cooper S, but another customer has a regular mini and I have

driven it... Its a pretty nice drive but I don't know if I would buy one...
    I've been looking at the scion dealership thats going in here soon..Almost would rather have one of those... for my purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    hey Bill...Scott H has a friend with one and says it a blast. You take it around the block yet to check out your work?
    ;-)
    George

What were your 'issues' with it?

Default No issues, just price versus utility for my own needs...The

scion looks to have more usable space for hauling stuff, the layout appears very similar on the interior, better gas mileage, toyota quality,yada yada
    I really have no complaints about the mini, just not something I would buy new... and of course I haven't actually driven a scion here , they're just for looking so far until the dealership is done...I would imagine that the mini handles much better but the japanese seem to be making big strides in that area also...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeak
    What were your 'issues' with it?

Thanks for the insight Maybe i'll stroll down to our scion dealership and give it a drive just to see how they handle.

Yeah, for me i think the mini would be just fine. No real hauling to do, just want a nice daily driver that can still be fun to drive.

very different cars...Mini has more of a performance orientation to it than the Scion which I too agree is a nice car. I personally wouldn't buy a mini either. If I wanted a reasonably priced sports type car versus a car with a bit more utility, I would look hard at the 350Z...I really like that car.
    Flame away boys...LOL,
    George

Default Its hard to say without driving them both George, the mini has

110 hp at 2550 pounds and the scion has 108 hp at 2380 lbs.... Both front wheel drive.. The scion list price is 13,750 or close to that with all power , ac, pioneer sound system ,mp3,sirius capable etc all aimed at the youth market, subwoofer option etc.. The minis on the website equipped about the same are around 19500, locally they want 25k for a base model...Drive to phx and get it for around 21,50 base... For 6k more the mini would have to be much better to me... and I've driven the mini but am waiting to drive a scion.. But its an interesting comparison....If i could get a mini for the 13750 price I probably would...

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    very different cars...Mini has more of a performance orientation to it than the Scion which I too agree is a nice car. I personally wouldn't buy a mini either. If I wanted a reasonably priced sports type car versus a car with a bit more utility, I would look hard at the 350Z...I really like that car.
    Flame away boys...LOL,
    George

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast