GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Funny AutoZone tale . . .

Default OT: Funny AutoZone tale . . .

From one of the Alfa forums I frequent:

"So I call auto zone, on the very off chance they might have a fuel filter for my spider. The conversation went something like this...

The phone rings. A female voice answers. She sounds about 15 years old. "Thank you for calling Auto Zone. How can I help you today"

"Hi I'm wondering if you might have a fuel filter for a 1988 Alfa Romeo Spider?"

"I'm sorry what was the last part of what you said?"

"1988 Alfa...Romeo...Spider." I say very clearly annuciating every word.

"Who makes that car, sir?" Clearly she's never heard of it.

"Alfa Romeo. Do you want me to spell it? It starts with A-L." I say, maybe with a bit of sarcasm in my voice."

"Okay, but who is the manufacturer of that sir, is it a Ford or a Nissan or What?"

"Alfa Romeo is the manufacturer. The model of the car is spider..S-P-I-D-E-R"

"Isn't that a Mitsubishi?"

"Yes they make a car called the spyder, but it's spelled with a Y. Fiat and Ferrari and a bunch of other people make cars called spider too. It basically just means convertible, but the car I need parts for is an Alfa Romeo Spider..."

"Sir I have it right here in front of me now. Mitsubishi Spyder. You wanted a fuel pump for that right?" Damn, she's a bad listener.

"Look, no offense, but can I please just speak to somebody else who either knows something about cars or at least listens?"

Suddenly she just goes into a rant; "Sir just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I don't know anything about cars. My boyfriend is a mechanic and he's taught me about them"

"Okay, I know there are a lot of females know about cars but clearly you are not one of them, so if you have anybody working down there who has either heard of Alfa Romeo or can at least listen well enough to figure it out, can you put them on the phone? I don't really care if it's a girl or a boy or a friggin monkey..."

"Your a Fkkn ***hole!" Click... She hung up on me!

Maybe I was a little harsh, but the whole conversation struck me funny as hell. I was sitting at my desk laughing for a couple minutes after I hung up the phone."
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

LOL!

Brain no work today for her!

I wish I would of heard it.

wow, and i thought i didn't know enough to work there when i was 17...

1995 BMW 530ia/3.15lsd/M Parallels/Eibach/Bilstien/Magnaflow

I love women
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

BUT, they have every sort of air freshener you could ever want and all sorts of great accessories. That Alfa would look great with a fuzzy steering wheel cover, plastic hubcaps and an "Italy" tint band for the windshield.
    Didn't know you were an Alfa fan. There is a Montreal for sale on Chicago Craigslist. I think I met the owner once and remember the car being nice.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

I had a similar problem with someone whom didn't speak a whole lot of english at my local autozone. He had a tough time understanding what "Spark plug tube seals" (as part of the valve cover gasket kit) were, so he just kept assuming I wanted spark plugs. After he came back like 2 times with different spark plugs, I had to grab someone else that spoke english.

I still favor autozone over advance or pepboys, and autozone carries M1 0w40.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

you guys are lucky to have anything like advance or autozone. in canada we have nothing.

i like advance over autozone because they are partnered with PartsAmerica.com.

now what was the make of the car agian Mitsubishi......great story
    1987 BMW 325is 250+, first love
    1994 BMW 525i 136, new toy

part of that dialog is made up, but it is funny nonetheless.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I've used the autozone computers, the funny part is alfa romeo is listed or at least it used to be listed. Right on top.

About 15 years ago I worked there (Chief's at the time) for a couple months. We used to screw around with other stores by calling and asking for a head gasket for a RX-7 or some other non existent part. Never ending fun.
    Eric Claussen
    La Habra, CA
    1993 525i 5 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast