GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMW E34 - 530i - Passenger Window

Default BMW E34 - 530i - Passenger Window

Guys- My car is a 95 530i, E34, with 77,500 miles on it.

The driver window, the two rear-seat windows, and the moon-roof all function normally. The front-passenger-side window does not go up or down. It doesn't seem like it is mechanically impeded (ie, bent frame, etc.), and it doesn't sound like it is trying to go down.

The only thing that happens when I press the window button in the center console is that I can hear a clicking coming from behind the drivers seat. The clicking is coming from the RM Module (61.35-1.379 741). When I remove that module none of the windows work and the clicking ceases.

Question, should I try replacing the RM Module? (going to be just under $60 shipped). Is there a specific fuse for each window (ie. one that could be burned out for the front window and not the others - if so, where would I find it? (its not behind the drivers seat, and its not in th engine compartment). Or, does it sound more like part of the electrical connection between the RM module and the window itself?

Thanks guys,
    Robert

The GM should be o.k., but it will automatically switch of (that click only) if the power cosumption of the GM and RM will exceed 35A (pls correct me if wrong).
    So something is drawing too much power inside the door in my opinion. Maybe just 1 of the 2 small and cheap sliders.
    Remove the door panel and check all items.
    Where all the fuses are you can find online here with the words online wiring diagrams. Search engine.

If you still have it all together, hold down the button, and hit the door along the bottom, this fixed my rear windows after experiencing the same problem. It occurs again if I don't use them for a while.

Old car: 95 525i, OB/Silver, Eibachs, Style 66, Missed dearly!!
    VIN Decoder | Online ETK
    | E34 Bible

Yes, the Fonzarelli fix.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Yes, the Fonzarelli fix.
    It works, when I first got my E34 my back windows wouldn't roll down most of the time. You could hear the motor try and then give up. Slamming the door while having the switch pressed for the window to go down did the trick.

Funny thing is, I have done this a few times and now my windows never get stuck, which is a good thing cos I would much prefer not to slam my doors all the time.