GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anyone from Germany here?

Default anyone from Germany here?

My move to E Germany in the summer is getting closer.......

Now i have 2 e34 a Black early 90's 525 salloon, and a 96 red Touring, i recently got the salloon as i miss the sportiness in my touring, and looks...but im seriousy thinking, is it possible to make a met red/marroon? touring, handle and look good...

anyway my point....

What does a TÜV involve? i mean to what level, esp for a mid 90's car. I am not sure, if to register the car in Germany, get the headlights changed etc etc.

I did try to get a quote for car ins, but they wanted some info i didnt get with my car, i v v long number. In the UK, i just give my age etc, car reg, year and model number, nothing like a chassis no.

I love driving around deepest E Germany, and people see a UK car and the steering wheel on the differant side...

Still not sure which car im taking...if i can make a touring better i would take that, otherwise im off in the black salloooooon

ta

I love driving around deepest E Germany, and people see a UK car and the steering wheel on the differant side...

Dont tell anybody but you arent supposed to call it E Germany any more :-) I am sure they are much more impressed by a red touring. So just leave the black saloon with me and I will look after it for you? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser

Dont tell anybody but you arent supposed to call it E Germany any more :-) I am sure they are much more impressed by a red touring. So just leave the black saloon with me and I will look after it for you? :-)
    Well if i had just said Germany, it could be anywhere...but now you know i mean close to Poland, soooo close infact each day i would drive into Poland for fuel, cigs, and girls (not in that order)

OK, i am going to have to dig out fotos of my cars, and see what you all think, i love the touring, so much leg room for sleep (and a bit of the other) and space for items as im blasting over Europe, but doing 80 on v fast bends the back end steps out where my salloon with lowerd and stiffend susp and huge fat tyres doest....i dont mind the stepping out, its just there is no warning, plus being fully laiden doesnt help :-)

I do have some M3 wingmirrors, 5 spoke 17 inch Schnitzer? wheels and body parts, but is there a way to stiffen up the back end on a touring?

this is my black car....and my red touring
    Attached Images Attached Images   

hi cooljules,
    go to the BMW Sydikat, this is a big german BMW forum, with a international under-board.
    here is the link
    http://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmwsyndik...sp?FORUM_ID=48

What air pressure in the rears? I'm sure you coould find a thicker rear anti swaybar which should help too.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    What air pressure in the rears? I'm sure you coould find a thicker rear anti swaybar which should help too.

The turn in, and general handling isnt as good as my salloon, which is lower and stiffer, and i was thinking if i could do the same to the touring, add a few visual mods so it looks better i wouldnt mind keeping it. for example i can go around round abouts so much faster, no lean or understeer in the salloon, yet no where near the same in the touring, i just cant imagine susp mods made for a touring :-)

Quote Originally Posted by E28
    hi cooljules,
    go to the BMW Sydikat, this is a big german BMW forum, with a international under-board.
    here is the link
    http://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmwsyndik...sp?FORUM_ID=48
    thanks, i will check it out!!