GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: HID/projector Retrofit

Default HID/projector Retrofit

researching an alternative to cheesy 9006 aftermarket HID conversions.
    Found out the e36 folks have been retrofitting Acura TSX projectors.
    This retrofit adds more light output, a sharper beam, and with proper modding, a brilliant purple/blue flicker with OEM 4300k HID.

The 4300k is easy to get off just about any BMW with HID or from Phillips.

Here is an idea of what my goal is for the e34:

If you dont understand what im talking about, it is the purple to blue flicker on newer cars that you see in your rearview mirror. This flicker of color is from where the light hits your eyes. above the beam of light you see purple/blue, but in the beam of light is all white.

This has been done by slightly modding the Acura TSX projectors. That means you WILL get about the same results on your e34. The only complication is getting them to mount onto our cars.

Heres a website showing the different oem projectors:
    http://www.geocities.com/JVXdriver/beam_comparison.htm

Check the other pages to see how they have extended the light output in both distance and width.

This retrofit is relatively cheap when compared to purchasing an aftermarket HID kit that gives you a large blurry output, instead of a clean wide cutoff.

This color mod may even be able to be done with our stock projectors, if anyone has an extra set of projectors, please try it out. I tried doing it to my fog projectors, but i dont think the halogen bulb is bright enough to produce any color.

The pictures have been taken from "Hidplanet" specificly from user "Haknslash" http://www.hidplanet.com

1995 BMW 530ia/3.15lsd/M Parallels/Eibach/Bilstien/Magnaflow

WOW, no ones interested huh?
    Well you suckers will be jealous when i finally get this done and video record it...

Wasn't this discussed already? Getting more cutoff purple fringe? Just bend the shield a bit and yer off.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Wasn't this discussed already? Getting more cutoff purple fringe? Just bend the shield a bit and yer off.
    Bending the shield toward the bulb will make more color, yes, but will severely soften the cut off.

This does remind me of the stock housing when I changed over from 7500 to 6000k

yea this is basicly the same as the post i brought up months ago, tried relocating it, but its lost somewhere on the internet. Ive basically just added more info. The main question at hand is if our projectors are capable of this much light output and color.

My drivers side 9006 connector is completely melted, so im probably just gonna retrofit the tsx projectors since they are d2s and proven to look good.

I just wish someone with HID would attempt the color mod and post some results.

dont worry about the colour,that can come later,it is the light you want...
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Boone.Msi
    yea this is basicly the same as the post i brought up months ago, tried relocating it, but its lost somewhere on the internet. Ive basically just added more info. The main question at hand is if our projectors are capable of this much light output and color.

My drivers side 9006 connector is completely melted, so im probably just gonna retrofit the tsx projectors since they are d2s and proven to look good.

I just wish someone with HID would attempt the color mod and post some results.
    if you do retrofit tsx projectors....do post a write-up, im interested in doin this too..