GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need airbag wheel removal intermission beer timing

Default Need airbag wheel removal intermission beer timing

I am having steeringwheel slip ring noises so I think I need to freshen up the grease on the slip ring. i know that you need beers in between disconnecting the airbag and taking the wheel off (to avoid setting off airbag light) but i am not 100% sure of the timing and procedure of taking the wheel off including beer breaks. and also what greases do people recommend.

I also wondering whether i should buy any parts (steering wheel nut, slip ring etc.) before attempting it i read somewhere you should replace the steering wheel nut but i think that was a later bmw (maybe e39).

this was the article i read http://evansweb.info/articles/2003/0...steering-wheel

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

i never replace the nut, i've had the one on my e30 off a dozen or more times and it's nylock is still crisp, put a touch of blue locktight on it if you are worried, don't forget to scratch a line on the hub and shaft before you lift the wheel off so you can put it back on the same spline
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default The horn brush is the sqeaker

when you pull the wheel, you'll see the horn brush the conects to the ring (caked with dry grease) clean it and grease it and enjoty the peace.

beer timing? 12 pack

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

, thanks for the advice its a annoying problem, but i guess an easy fix so i'll do it this weekend.

turns out it was the slip ring something is very wrong with the brushes for the airbag. not that i mind because i realised why my airbag light has been not coming on (the airbag wasn't connected to the slip ring.), so i'll have to get a new one unless someone has a better idea i am going to order it from BMA parts