GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for bimmerfest

Default Getting ready for bimmerfest

Last year after bimmerfest, Califblue (Mike) helped me detail my engine and become the queen of engine bling.

This year, after I made comments in a thread that I thought Josh (Liquidtiger) was such a great detailer, Califblue was like “Fine, get him to help you detail your car.” I was like “you help me get my paint on my hood looking good and I will issue a public retraction. He did and here it is.

MIKE—YOU ARE THE DETAILING GOD. There are you happy now?

Here is a before picture. Mine is on the right and Josh’s car is on the left. Mine is aw2 and his is aw3, so his paint is a whiter white than mine. But that aside, my hood was more yellow than my fenders. The body guy at the indy thinks the hood has been resprayed and the paint doesn’t match. It was dull and needed a treatment of paint polish. I had clayed it a couple of time, but I had used klasse-all-in-one so it had never had a good polish step.

Last edited by Gayle; 03-07-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I have a porter cable and ever product praised on roadfly and autopia’s detailing website. Mike has a brand he prefers and that is what we used. He swore me to secrecy. He had a number of amazing specialty products. After each one, my reaction was WOW! His products truly were superior.

He applied product and I followed him and removed it. As he is applying product with the porter cable, he says “well now I can say I have touched every part of your body”. Ha, Ha.

Here is a picture that shows the truck after the paint polish. The side have the old product stripped off but they have not been treated.

Here is some spots that got missed the first time in the paint polishing. You can see the difference.

Last edited by Gayle; 03-07-2007 at 09:02 AM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

We cleaned and polished everything. Did the painted parts of the engine, the door jams, polished the eisenmann, and we put it up on jack stands to make doing the inside of the m pars easy.

Here are the results. My hood and fenders now appear to be one color again. That is a miracle.

Last edited by Gayle; 03-07-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Last edited by Gayle; 03-07-2007 at 08:51 AM.

Mike claims that flys break there legs landing on his car. I had to have the obligatory joke picture of the fly with the broken leg on my roof.

At the end of the day, we just stood around and looked at it. Here is Mike polishing one more spot.

This picture was taken at dusk. I thought it was cool cause it looks like the lights are on, but they are not. Just flash.

So public thank you Mike for helping me and public praises of your detailing abilities.
    Last edited by Gayle; 03-07-2007 at 09:04 AM.

So Mike, you going to do mine now?

I don't even have time to wash my car nowadays...its looking pretty bad.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Engine bay needs work on my car, I've cleaned it by hand, but never took the time to put aluminum foil and crap over everything and soak it with degreasers and all that junk.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    So Mike, you going to do mine now?

I don't even have time to wash my car nowadays...its looking pretty bad.
    I saw it parked on Lincoln on Saturday I think, and it looked pretty clean to me. I just washed and waxed mine on Friday, and it's already covered in dust.

I wish I had a bimmerfest to detail for

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Gayle, you are to kind and gracious!

I am glad that Charlie is back to prime show winnin' condition (wish I could say the same about the Fly )

Let me put this in prospective for everyone:
    when she arrived my VW THING which only gets waxed once a year for a THING event ..had its paint looking better I had had to pull out all the tricks but with an enthusiastic helper ( Gayle)...the results will be seen in the larger photos.

Even my neighbors were impressed...And that is a whole 'nother story ( 100 point show cars that they drive!)

1956 T-Bird ( second owner)

1967 SS 396 Chevelle ( original owner)
    Last edited by califblue; 03-05-2007 at 05:01 PM.

I'll just mention to help you lucky bums appreciate your good fortune even more than you do that it has been consistantly way too cold and snowy here for the past about 8 weeks to do anything other than drive thru the touchless carwash a few times.My rims haven't been polished since early December!The car hasn't been polished since October never mind waxed..The squeeze on Zimol polish FROZE on the polishing wheel last time i tried... ok?

Don't bother telling me i need a car cover either.I took it off after a snow storm a few weeks ago and put it, covered and stifff with ice and snow crust into the back of the Van where it has sat frozen stuck to the floor of the Van till this day.. nice...
    Last edited by Jehu; 03-05-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast