GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need your opinion!

Default Need your opinion!

This morning I found an 89 535iA (canadian model) here in berhesda, md, with about 260,000 kilometers (around 160,000 miles). Car is black on tan, very good body. Some very minor rust spots, and some cracked leather in the interior. A few minor issues, driver heated seat not working, cracked headlamp lense, no lowbeams (LKM), telescoping steering wheel seems to be stuck... Mechanically everything seems pretty good, car has been sitting for a while as the owner is in the military. Guy seems very honest and disclosed just about every tiny issue with the car. The one big problem is with the blower motor. I found a post with a similar problem, basically the sword pack went bad and consequentially something has gone wrong with the blower motor (probably some bearings). I'll be honest, I have NO idea how to work on the A/C system. I know a fair amount about everything else in the car, but I don't want to undertake replacing that motor myself, so I'd want to find a good indy to do it. The car is priced at 2900.
    Oh, also the car will probably need new tires. So ball park how much would fixing the blower cost? And would the fact that the car has been sitting for so long hurt any significant? Again, everything else looks very good. Before the car was sitting a lot of parts were changed, driveshafts, belts, hoses, brakes, bushings, was tuned up then but will need again.

Sorry for this lengthy post, but I need to take action fast on this!
    Don't want to let a good deal slip away..

Looks like the blower motor itself is $200. You don't have to dig into that much to get to the fan, it is located right at the firewall. The bentley manual describes it indetail, less than 10 steps. A car that has been sitting can always have issues, especially with rubber parts and fluids.