GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bill or winfred or anybody...what is the tube of blue stuff that comes FEBI cv boots.

Default bill or winfred or anybody...what is the tube of blue stuff that comes FEBI cv boots.

for...i know what the 90 gram tube is, the lubricant, i just don't know what the blue gel is for TIA.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default that be...

gel to spike your hair so you are styling when replacing your CV joint boots.

George

locktight?!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    for...i know what the 90 gram tube is, the lubricant, i just don't know what the blue gel is for TIA.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

He said Gel... locktite is more liquid... form-a-gasket?

Default i went ahead

and googled the name on the tube, epple stucarit 309, and found the manufacturer's page. put that into babblefish german to english, and this is what i got

stucarit 309
    Sealing gel

solvent-freely
    stucarit 309 is solvent-freely and during and after the installation for an unlimited period pasty. It hardens not and forms no film. Stucarit 309 is used, if the roughness depth of the sealing surfaces lies between 30 and 80 micrometers. Completely accurate constructions and assemblies are the result. Stucarit 309 is completely innocuous, innocuous and acidless.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

sounds like a pasty ingredient? Like pasties?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

When I replaced the CV boots on the wife's Camry the kit also came with two different tubes of lube gel. The Toyota Parts Mgr told me one was the lube for the CV joint itself and the other was to be packed around inside the boot. I asked if the wouldn't be mixed up over time and he said probably....but that was the way their shop mech's did it.
    Maybe you have a similar situation Ryan.
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Sounds like Hylomar.
    The excess dissolves in oil except in the mated surfaces. I used this stuff in my BMW R90S bike. Great stuff. developed by Rolls-Royce.
    I think Loctite bought them or the brand name.

on the boot kits we can get for bimmers the other tube is locktight for the axle bolts
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i think this is what im going to end up doing....

actual locktite on the bolts
    this blue stuff around bolt holes, the mating surface of the cv boot big end and little end
    locktite on the spline

any comments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast