GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Is there any reason why none of the functions on a redone seat would...

Default Is there any reason why none of the functions on a redone seat would...

work? admittedly, i bought a re-covered e32/e34 seat off ebay for $180 about 18 months ago, came with the seatbelt retractor assembly attached. today was the first time i tried to put it into the car, and when i plugged it in, none of the functions worked. it wasn't a concours restoration, but i wouldn't think that somebody would spend as much money as they did to rebuild itand not fix any of the seat motors in the thing, as none of the functions work. am certainly open to the possibility that i got screwed...any pins that i can plug a multimeter up to in the harness to ensure that it isn't my car at fault here? thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

on e34 and non memory e32 seats you only need two wires hooked up to run the whole seat, hot and ground, the rest of the small wires in the plug are not needed, id make sure that the switch is plugged in, the switch is cleanable but unlikely to take out the whole seat (it you take it apart open the switch inside a plastic bag, they explode big time)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Check the fuse?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

i tested the seat heater today, and made sure that the passenger seat works (fuse check). the heater in the "new" seat seems really slow, and unlike my other seat, doesn't automatically go from "high" heat to lukewarm, just off. thanks for the suggestion about the switch, winfred, that makes sense.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."