GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: For those of you with side skirts and body kits...

Default For those of you with side skirts and body kits...

Do the side skirts cover the factory skirts, or do they replace them? the passenger side rear of one of mine is rusting out and im just wondering if it would be more cost efficient to just put a set of skirts on instead of fixing the rust. i already know im going to have to have a section of the dogleg cut out and replaced because of the cancer thats on it, im just trying to save a few pennies and still improve the looks. also, if any of you have black side skirts for cheap let me know.

You have to fix the rust, regardless.

http://www.bmw4life.com/mTechSkirts.htm

Default Many body kits available.

I recently had a Reiger Tuning kit installed on my 540i. I didn't know squat about kits and now I can tell you the more you spend on a kit the easier the install will be for you or the shop doing the work. My guy had never worked a Reiger kit before but I took it to him and he said he could do it. The instructions were in German and anyone he contacted would not help him with translation of their OWN kit. I offered to get it translated for him but he said it was not needed that they had a plan. As for the side skirts they fit over the existing skirts. I told him not to install them since they were already 6 weeks behind schedule on the install and I needed the car. I found some AC Schnitzer skirts which replace the stock skirts and they are going on next week. Overall I would not refer anyone to a Reiger Tuning kit. They are nice don't get me wrong but if they are not going to give you any kind of help installing their kit or answer any questions then they are in the business for the wrong reasons. The people from Lorinser came to his shop from Germany here in Arizona and even ended up incorporating some of his technics in the install instructions. Reiger Tuning.......nothing but a saying...."your on your own" I have a set of side skirts that are bacically glued on from Reiger now that I will never use. $140/set compared to $625/set for the AC Schnitzer. Spend the money

RickyBimmer
    95 540i/6 Rieger Tuning Body Kit, Dinan Chip, 18's