GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question - Phone in E34s?

Default Question - Phone in E34s?

I was curious if any E34s came with cellular telephones like the E32 did.

I did a search and it came up with nothing...
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Hi,

My car came with one, I thought it was really cool when I bought it. The writing on it says BMW, and I saw a few a while ago on sale on ebay.de (for like 10 euros), they're actually made by Siemens. anyway, here is a crappy photo of mine, sorry I don't know how to use a camera properly:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8...0001101kt6.jpg

Edit: speakin of which, anyone actually has a working phone analog car phone? I've been all around and spoke with lots of phone company reps and all the answers came back negative.
    Last edited by Traian; 02-21-2007 at 01:05 AM.

i have seen a few here in OZ. as for the analog phone where on earth do they still use those things?

My '95 is factory wired for one but not so equipped. They are a dime a dozen now if you want one.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by Traian
    Hi,

My car came with one, I thought it was really cool when I bought it. The writing on it says BMW, and I saw a few a while ago on sale on ebay.de (for like 10 euros), they're actually made by Siemens. anyway, here is a crappy photo of mine, sorry I don't know how to use a camera properly:

Edit: speakin of which, anyone actually has a working phone analog car phone? I've been all around and spoke with lots of phone company reps and all the answers came back negative.
    for about maybe a year more, nextel supports it. people doing local boat tours, short range boat trips (<10 miles) from shore use bagphones and old analogue phones because they have much higher power amplifiers in them--1 watt for handhelds, up to 5 watts for bag phones. i would guess that one could get nextel service for their bmw phone, but the service is expensive, in the range of at least $.30 per minute.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

It looks like your center console section is raised and maybe widened to conform to the size of the phone... Is there a special console partition required if you purchase a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Traian
    Hi,

There is a filler that covers the rear compartment of the console, the phone is attatched to it.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

The truely only cool thing is the OBC display and radio mute... Now
    if only some computer loving Bimmer lover would figure out a way to make a bluetooth unit that would trick the car into thinking the phone was connected so those two features would work with a bluetooth phone... I know I'd pay $150+ to get one.
    Last edited by attack eagle; 02-21-2007 at 02:48 PM.

i have one, and the guy i bought the car from used it, so they still work up here in Canada.

Has anyone ever seen one mounted like this before?

It's from an E34 on german eBay.de

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast