GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see that Hyundai has now taken 2nd place behind lexus bumping bmw in the jd powers

Default I see that Hyundai has now taken 2nd place behind lexus bumping bmw in the jd powers

initial quality and reliability reports...

Oh well, we drive the old ones anyway, while BMW was still on top. Yes, the older bimmers, before all that technology. The simple days, when they only had one airbag. Here's an interesting article about all them airbags, btw.
    http://abcnews.go.com/sections/insur...se_040426.html

Does it make any difference? It's still a Hyundai, sorry, but I wouldn't have one of them up my ass if I had room for a sawmill....(how's that one winfred?)

yea and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass on the ground when he hopped

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Does it make any difference? It's still a Hyundai, sorry, but I wouldn't have one of them up my ass if I had room for a sawmill....(how's that one winfred?)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Huyndai schmundai. Initial quality, great... then the car turns 1 year old and the alternator bursts into flames. And even if you're one of the lucky ones, it's a HYUNDAI... it's going to accelerate, brake and handle like a HYUNDAI. (not a compliment!! :-) )
    Ex-Calypso Red 540i owner

Default Mayhaps it's easy to exceed the expectations of someone buying a Hyundai?

:-)

Peter

Rick L Guest

Default Hyundai has come a long ways from the old crappy Excel and etc…

Hyundai has come a long ways from the old crappy Excel and etc... They have definitely improved in quality and reliability in the recent years. Few of my friends have them and they are very nice for the price they paid. Also their cars have been running without any problems. All Hyundai are covered by 100,000/6 year warranty. How many auto manufacture carry this as a standard warranty? Sure, I wouldn’t want one but that doesn’t mean they are bad cars either. If you’re looking for a BMW, most likely you are not going to look at a Hyundai. If you’re looking for a Hyundai, most likely you are not going to look at a BMW. Yes, we live in a world of many choices...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L
    Hyundai has come a long ways from the old crappy Excel and etc...
    Ahh, the voice of reason interrupts our Hyundai-bashing.

Well, they're better than the old Excel, that's for sure. However, they are still near the bottom of long-term quality (Kia is AT the bottom). If I were ever in the market for that type of car, I'd definitely spring the extra grand or two to get a Toyota or Honda.
    Ex-Calypso Red 540i owner

Default I would have been the first to agree with you based on what I have

worked on in the past, primarily excels.. but I got curious after seeing this jd powers report and the progress of hyundai.. and started looking at reviews... if you check with most of the standard reviews, car and driver, road and track, edmunds, epinions etc.. you'll see that they have changed remarkedly over the last 3 years... In other industries the Koreans usually take about 7 years from entry to equal footing or domination over the japanese makes.. they made a really big impact on the steel industry and same with home appliances, LG which has been making big strides in appliances was originally the cheap goldstar brand... And take a look at
    Samsung refrigerators and other electronics... I am as guilty as anybody of writing off these cars but I think i am going to actually go look at a few with an open mind to see what I may have been missing... One of my friends bought the Kia sport utility and I am quite surprised with the quality of it...

Quote Originally Posted by andyman32
    Ahh, the voice of reason interrupts our Hyundai-bashing.

Well, they're better than the old Excel, that's for sure. However, they are still near the bottom of long-term quality (Kia is AT the bottom). If I were ever in the market for that type of car, I'd definitely spring the extra grand or two to get a Toyota or Honda.

Default K. I. A. ? What about Daewoo?

Quote Originally Posted by andyman32
    (Kia is AT the bottom).
    Ever heard of the military expression K.I.A. ? I personally wouldn't want to ride in or drive a car who's initials stand for Killed In Action. Besides, Daewoo is truly at the bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast