GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Dead Battery and Sunroof

Default Dead Battery and Sunroof

I did a search on this topic but didn't find anything. Stupidly, I left my key in the on position yesterday after opening the windows in the morning. I didn't realize it until evening. Battery was dead. I put the charger on it over night. Starts fine, windows, OBC, radio...Everything works except for the sunroof. Battery is only a few months old. It's in the pop-up vent position but nothing happens any way I press the button. Any help is appreciated.
    Steve
    Steve
    SF Bay Area
    1992 525i/5-spd, 250K mi
    17inch wheels

Default Manual closing

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOnBlack
    I did a search on this topic but didn't find anything. Stupidly, I left my key in the on position yesterday after opening the windows in the morning. I didn't realize it until evening. Battery was dead. I put the charger on it over night. Starts fine, windows, OBC, radio...Everything works except for the sunroof. Battery is only a few months old. It's in the pop-up vent position but nothing happens any way I press the button. Any help is appreciated.
    Steve

There is a key behind the panel next to the sun roof switch. Have you try using it to manually close the roof? Just pry the panel off the instructions are in the owner's manual. Good luck!

Try doing a complete reset on the car. This is also known as the Shogun reset. Basically you disconnect the - and + cables from the battery and with the ignition switch in the ON position put the two leads together for a few minutes. Make sure you have the code for the radio before you disconnect the battery. More often than not, electronics will come back to life after a reset. HTH

Default try the key

in the driver's door, turn all the way to lock and hold it for a 10 seconds. this will close any open windows and the roof.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Thanks for the input. I was going to do the shogun reset but decided to go through a couple of remote lock cycles. That worked fine and then I tried the key all the way to the right once more and got the sunroof to close. Then turned the key on and the sunroof worked properly. Confusing, but what the heck. Thanks for the input.
    Steve
    SF Bay Area
    1992 525i/5-spd, 250K mi
    17inch wheels