GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two 12's or one 15" JL audio W3 subs...audio guys thanks

Default Theres a punch out under the rear armrest...

There is a hole you can easily punch out under the rear armrest. It is for an optional "Ski Bag" for carrying skis in the trunk....

Quote Originally Posted by Johntee540
    how do you deal with the fact that there is no pass thru to the cabin for bass? I am having to cut holes in the Panel behind rear seat to allow bass to pass from trunk to cabin -- JT

if I recall, wiring a pair of speakers in parallel effectively reduces the ohm resistance. perhaps you should try wiring them in series - which may decrease the power to each speaker. I would also try connecting just one speaker, instead of both. note: if both speakers are in one enclosure, then the 2nd, even if not hooked up, may act like a passive radiator enhancing the bass, rather than being silent.

Quote Originally Posted by andyman32
    I've actually built and installed a number of subs.
    Oh - and the 12s are Bazookas. The amp is Coustic carbon fiber.

hey, anyone know if there is a difference in power required for 8ohm subs vs 4ohm?

i assume they require more but is there a formula or straight 2x multiplier because it's 2x the resistance?

thanks!

rich
    [d a r t h m a u l ]
    1990 535i 5-spd iceland green
    e.a.t. | uuc evo ii | catz hid | h&r race | bbs rxii | alpine | ads

For those asking... I am running a rather simple setup that boggles a lot of people.

They hear the bass but don't realize how lite the setup is. I use an audiobahn 210w amplifier bridged into a single 10" Alpine DVC Type - R in a custom 0.66cu. ft. box in the spare tire hole with the magnet side out. hits hard and dynamic.

I think running one sub is plenty of bass as well. I'm running an Infinity sub on a 400w Audiobahn amp, and it is as loud as any 2 sub setup I've had in the past. I'm also a big fan of the remote bass control knobs that you can get for most amps nowadays. Just picked one up for the audiobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    For those asking... I am running a rather simple setup that boggles a lot of people.

They hear the bass but don't realize how lite the setup is. I use an audiobahn 210w amplifier bridged into a single 10" Alpine DVC Type - R in a custom 0.66cu. ft. box in the spare tire hole with the magnet side out. hits hard and dynamic.
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12