GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: can anyone with mitchell body estimator or AUD estimator (car repair)...

Default OT: can anyone with mitchell body estimator or AUD estimator (car repair)...

run an estimate for a damage repair for me? an insurance company is REALLY trying to screw me over, and I need to get a second opinion before i force the company to do another estimate--as there's no way in hell that i'm going to front the money for a rental car and repairs for someone else's negligence. I drive many, many, many city miles per year without managing to collide with anyone, the other party had a sign warning them that "traffic may come to a stop in the right lane" at certain times of the day.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Okay, I didn't read through all of the clay bar thread, so I don't know if it was explained there, or if its even related, but, uh....

What happened?

And why don't you just take it to a BMW dealer or something, or some other high priced body shop? They almost ALWAYS give free estimates, cus they know its usually the insurance company thats paying and that you probably wont shop around.

Since I'm guessing you got rear-ended, then I'm going to guess its either very minor (Bumper + respray + mabye tail lights) or major (tiniest crinkle in the rear body will total cars worth what ours are).

Wait, I think I get it - you wanted to claybar the car so it looks like money, so if the adjuster totals it, its worth more?
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

two totally unrelated things dan. someone was going to hook me up with some really cheap PDR that i kinda desperately need.

in this case, i'm going to take the car in question to either the cadillac body shop here, or see who does bmw's/mercedes/*.* work in orlando. cadillac looks like the most expensive in town, but if allpro answers their phone, i'll ask them, and see if their place is approved by the insurance company.

i don't feel comfortable discussing specifics until things are settled dan, but the damage was more minor than even you describe, and as a result, the adjuster got greedy. i'll have to bring them back to earth myself. i'd love more than anything to just call my ins. company and ask them to sue the person involved as a result of these latest developments, but i'm trying really hard not be a reactionary dumbass about things.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 02-09-2007 at 02:12 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

No need to go to an approved shop.... It's your car, you own it, you decide.
    Who say's Aliens only abduct people?

ohhhh yeaahhh.

a glasurit factory shop in orlando is on their list! idiots. now, to shop between them and the bmw/range rover body shop in orlando. somebody's gonna get hurt.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 02-09-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

The at fault party is obligated to restore you to the condition before the loss.
    If you have been rear ended as I thought I saw mention of, you are certainly in control here. If they jag you around just hire an attorney( if you were popped in the rear it will be on a contingency basis) and you won't need to deal with some piss ant adjuster trying to chisel you for a few hundred bucks.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

anyone? even if you don't have software, but work in auto body, can you give me some ballpark numbers if i provide you with some of the parts that need to be replaced? i'm really trying to be upper middle class about this and not scream and make threats with anyone unless i'm 100% sure about things, as their claims people were very helpful with me. the amount of time that is budgeted on this estimate for the work that needs to be done is insane, the person that could do the job would have to be the world's fastest mechanic, and the hourly labor rate is something from maybe 1989-1992.

when that sign flew into my car the only insurance repair facility recommended was the local ford dealer...with plenty of bad reviews.

Cant you look up the parts and numbers and go from there?

As the others say, cruise to a couple body shops for free estimates.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

When I bought my 330Ci, the Carfax showed paint work done, but didn't say where. When I tracked it down, it had apparently gone from Allpro to ViewHoltz (spelling might be different) Paint and Body for work. Supposedly ViewHoltz in Gainesville is one of the best.

It made me apprehensive, but when I took it in for a PPI, they couldn't find anything wrong with the paint or body, and they were looking for it too.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

the parts costs are perfectly in line with realoem.com, its just that the damage was so minor that they want to reuse a part after adjusting the fitting, and they've not included adequate time for that. if i were to take the check and estimate to a body shop right now, it would be permission for them to fix only the cosmetic things wrong with the car, that's how small the check is. i'll post a picture of the check when all is said and done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast