GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Warning chime

saw one on ebay just now if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by ajt3nc
    Since it is only two wires , try a positive/negative test.
    Do you have a cheapo charger?
    i don't know **** about it, my dad is an engineer so i'll let him have fun with it.

I have a US 1991 and if you leave the lights on and take the key out, when you open the door, it gongs once and says "LIGHT ON?" on the OBC main screen.

As mentioned earlier, parking lights and city lights stay on with the ignition off but the head and foglights turn off.

I'm not sure if the "LIGHT ON?" warning gets overridden if you have another issue, as a previous poster mentioned a brake light warning. I will research this later this week since my car still has the LOW BEAM warning from my HID upgrade [until I wire a resistor in].

the display in the instrument cluster is actually the CCD (check control display) and its primary function is to display the warning from the Check Control System.

I beleive the e34 has 3 different Priority warnings (later BMWs were pared down to 2 types of Priority warnings.

The owners manual explains these Priority warnings and how they function. The Priority 1 warnings will completey take over the CCD and will not extinguish until the matter is taken care of. (any OBC functions remotely programmed into the CCD will not appear util the CHeck Control System is satisfied) Priority 2 warnings will give a warning when the engine is turned off and remain in the CCD for a few seconds even after the car is turned off. These Priority 2 warning can be cleared by pressing the CCD button (right button) on the instr cluster. This will allow the OBC functions to appear...but you will see the CCD's alert arrows on the far left & right that indicate that there is an issue with the car that needs your attention.

Again, the owners manual gives the list of Priority 1 and Prioirty 2 warnings (and priority 3 warnings if your car has them).

Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

on my euro car i get no written or gong warning.the only warning is that the interior lights come on as soon as i turn the key off,rather than when you open the door.Only apparent in dimmer light of course
    Gone but not forgotten

mine dosen't have a chime nor a warning message when i leave my lights on! =c

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

i happened to have a chance to take some parts off one 525i, so i took the chime and replaced mine, now it's working fine chiming when lights left on, any warning etc.

The chime is located under the instrument panel. Surprisingly, it's not a big ticket item. I'd had the same problem (which helped me to deplete two batteries in four years). The chime had probably been pulled by some __ cell phone installer due to interference with the speaker installed on the access panel over the driver's feet.

I left the lights on again. Sheesh. Anyway I took out the chime, it was located just as described (thanks Dave). The speaker looked good no tears in the cone etc, so rather than fool around I called Patrick at BMAparts.com. The new chime should be here shortly ($58 plus shipping). PN on the old chime was 65.81-8 350 349
    www.universal5.com
    Orange Tool Forum
    San Diego, CA

1994 e34 530i Eibachs/KYB
    0 miles on new windshield

Oooh Matron!

Just got my 525tds which is a '95 model - no CCM or OBC on board.
    When you switch off the engine with the lights on - it sets off a mini klaxon buzzer type thing under the dash that would be worthy of a '60's russian missile silo...

Scared the crap outta me the first time it did it...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast