GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What's under your feet?

Default What's under your feet?

Is the floor under your feet,under the carpet open to the foam insulation or is it solid metal.If its solid metal it has turned to dust in my car cuz I'm pushing thru to the foam. I just noticed it tonight when I was vacuuming the area and noticed a depression where my heel goes....I recently bough the OEM floor mat set and its kind of formed to the depression which i never noticed before...
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

There's a few inches of foam, then the rear lower vent ducting (probably not where your left heel would be while driving), then the floor board. The carpeting and associated sound insulation eats up a lot of space.

Same with the driver's knee bolster. Ever see a euro E34 versus US e34? More room for the legs.
    Last edited by Kalevera; 02-08-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevera
    There's a few inches of foam, then the rear lower vent ducting (probably not where your left heel would be while driving), then the floor board. The carpeting and associated sound insulation eats up a lot of space.

Same with the driver's knee bolster. Ever see a euro E34 versus US e34? More room for the legs.
    So the metal is not fully solid covering the entire surface of thae floor area but there are "cutaway' section where the foam insulation is covered only by carpet? Which is why when i push down on the carpet i feel it give and its not rotted out floorboard.Good enough.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95