GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Air Intake!!

Default Cold Air Intake!!

Dear god help me!! Not one of the major manufactures has them for a
    1994 BMW 530i. Does anyone know of custom ones for a reasonable price? Preferrably under $100? Thanks in advance!

~BMW enthusiast

I don't think anyone makes one as the stock intake is pretty damn good.
    Not very restrictive, and intakes air right there at the grill.

I know of a custom made one, it just runs $149.99 and that's just a little excessive as one for a 1994 540i runs $19.99.

I just put low profiles on, tinted the windows, painted it from original green to gunmetal gray, put a straight pipe exhaust system on it and only need the cold air intake and computer chip. Love the car to death just trying to make it sound like a monster and the exhaust + intake would be brutal.

I made one. but I removed it because it took out some of the low end torque. High end give some gain.

I removed it for better fuel economy.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ghlight=intake

95 M-sport SOLD now NSX

The stock air intake is really good.

If you have an automatic 530, there is a performance chip you can buy that will increase performance way more than an air intake modification will to this car.
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

This is the one I'm looking at currently, http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exe...earch_model/10 because this seems to be the ONLY on specifically designed for the E34.

It seems the consensus is that the stock is pretty damn good though. What about replacing the stock filter with a K&N then? Or should I just order another BMW one?

get an ITG or AFE filter, not the K&N

the restrictive part of our engine is the cylinder head, you either need to modify that or force air into it with a supercharger.

also the ASC throttle adds some restriction... i may remove that and replace it with racelogic.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

I love the way adds contain useless or subjective information to try and trick your mind into thinking you need something even more than you actually do. For exampe: " This super high flow air filter replaces the large bulky factory assembly." It should also read, "...large, bulky, factory assembly," to be absolutely correct.

Hmmm... I've been looking for superchargers as well, any suggestions? Money isn't really a problem it's finding the damn parts!

Replacing the ASC throttle? That sounds like a very time consuming project...

i'd suggest buying the K&N panel filter, i wouldn't remove the stock airbox as it's really good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast