GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quick answer needed: what's the biggest/best value for $ clay bar avail. in the US?

Default quick answer needed: what's the biggest/best value for $ clay bar avail. in the US?

someone is about to (in a day or two) do something to the paint on the car, and i need to clay bar it at least once before they do. any recommendations? i'm just looking for the biggest bar i can find for the cheapest price (in case i need to do it again, never done it myself). thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

lemme add, just to clear things up...
    i have to be able to buy this from a local store, today. mail/internet won't work. thanks though.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

C'mon,

spill it Ryan. Wazzup??

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

i'll confess, dave. i tried to use play on it first, and now i needs summptin to get the play dough off. kind of like the simpsons "lizard->needlesnake->mongoose gambit.

get the mothers california gold claybar system. i used it before and it works very well. right now i have an autosol one from bav auto sitting in my big bin of detail crap. cant wait till weather warms up so i can give my car a nice polish.

A clay bar is a clay bar. Just go down to the store and buy the cheapest biggest one. Most are the same size though.

Tried all the store-bought ones, Clay Magic is the cheapest and my favoite.
    Atlanta, GA/Bloomington, IN, USA

Pep boys, Kragen, etc all have Mothers. It is good for about 2 uses. The detailing spray that comes with it smells a heavenly cinnamon smell that makes the whole job a rather zen experience.

The biggest thing is to have a clean something to set the clay down on when you are not rubbing the car. You drop the clay or set it on something with dirt, the clay is toast.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I use mothers. Very zen.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast