GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmmm now to apply this to the e30

Default hmmm now to apply this to the e30

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i happened to think in case it's not obvious clicking on the smiley produces a link, so does this
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

wondered what that was all about...Soo paxton + Turbo Deisel I take it?]
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

"hmmm now to apply this to the e30"

ps besides i think the cummins would suck the seals outta that little paxton, kinda like hooking a drinking straw to a hydrant and trying to put out a building
    Last edited by winfred; 02-04-2007 at 10:33 PM.

something about the title and then content and then me reading it all in my broken english...I make lots of friends like this. Think the E30 have enough lift over to get it to spin high enough?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    "hmmm now to apply this to the e30"

ps besides i think the cummins would suck the seals outta that little paxton, kinda like hooking a drinking straw to a hydrant and trying to put out a building
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i don't see why not, the bitch will be getting a drive pulley to work and be a correct size to not over rev the hair drier, not supposed to drive the impeller over about 38k rpm so i need to figure out the drive ratio though the charger and then make sure not to overdrive that at around 6500 rpm on the engine

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i don't see why not, the bitch will be getting a drive pulley to work and be a correct size to not over rev the hair drier, not supposed to drive the impeller over about 38k rpm so i need to figure out the drive ratio though the charger and then make sure not to overdrive that at around 6500 rpm on the engine
    Tularosa... that's just about my neck of the woods. Quaint little town, lots of trucks and nut trees.

Funny a guy in Tularosa would sell car sheet metal on ebay. That stuff is hard to ship, and "local pickup" severely limits your customers...
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

38k (insert division sign here) 6.5k = 5.85 So with that given you need 5.85 overdrive. what size is the paxton pulley? Paxton size (division sign) 6.5 = what you need. But you need to concider the pie thing...I like pie and I'm sure you do to so between meals some pie is hairy which is an automatic delete others are too sweet and can rot my teeth, the other pies are good... what..

Um the pie you need is 3.1418 x the paxton (appx 4 inch) = 12.57, divide that by 6.5 and it looks like you need a 18.34" diamater pulley.

Somethings not looking right here... hmm

sure you need 38,000 rpms on that thing?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

redline on the impeller not the input shaft, i don't know the ratio through the charger yet (planetary ball driven), found the formula for figuring all of the **** out but it's pointless till i know what diameter drive pulley i am going to come up with, but atleast one other e30 with a paxton exists

i may intercool it as it's usually hot as **** around here if theres room for the plumbing, the inlet and outlet are not in the most convenient positions but ill cross that bridge when i have it in my sweaty mitts, a novi may of been cooler to work with but not cheeper http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Paxto...QQcmdZViewItem this one didn't fly

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal

sure you need 38,000 rpms on that thing?

there is no shaft play but the balls seem to be a little out of round
    Haha, how nice.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast