GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Zerex G05 - 50/50??

Default Zerex G05 - 50/50??

Got some Zerex G05 the other day, and was not sure if I mix 50/50 with water (distilled?) - I added full strength, no mixing, but question this. Nothing on the container that I saw.

Thanks

sc
    scott 4991
    535i, 172K miles

Someone out there must know this? Do you all mix 50/50 or put in 100% coolant?

Thanks

sc
    scott 4991
    535i, 172K miles

use the search man, this is common sence. for one you arent using the real blue **** and for another you dont know how to mix it...hope I dont see this thing on ebay after you fail to bleed correctly.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Wow, I like constructive inputs like this. Sorry we all don't know as much as you do! Common sense to some, is not common sense to others. I suppose if you knew, you would have answered. Bet you can't wait to see the answer too.

If you are not going to reply to the post with a constructive answer, why reply at all?

sc
    scott 4991
    535i, 172K miles

The G-05 is mixed 50/50 like any other antifreeze. Drain out half of what you put in & refill with distilled water.
    90 535im
    02 R1100S, 87 R100S
    76 R90/S,73 R75/5
    Alfa Romeos- 65 Giulia Spider Veloce
    & 66 Duetto 1600 Spider

Default As John B. states mix 50/50 like any

other antifreeze. Straight antifreeze has a very high boiling point but very poor heat transfer ability, net result the engine runs much hotter even if the temp gauge doesn't indicate this. The idea is to run as much water as possible while maintaining the highest boiling point and the best freeze protection and corrosion protection. 50/50 is the general rule of thumb from most coolant manufacturers. Check your bottle first though, since almost every manufacturer is getting into selling the premixed coolant which is already diluted 50/50 for the same price as the undiluted or only slightly cheaper. G05 also comes this way so make sure yours is the undiluted one before you add water.

Scott,
    dont you just love guys who know it all. I almost never visit here because of 632...

as you already know, the G-05/G48 is virtually identical to the Blue stuff. usually comes concentrated and needs diluted per the instructions on the label.

good luck

Thanks to those who ANSWERED the question, I do appreciate it. I do know, and where my confusion was, that some antifreeze is premixed - and I suppose it says so on the container if it was - but I wanted to check. I have drained my radiator now and flushed the system, but in 50/50 - the heater works so much better! This was one indication I had something wrong when I put in the un-mixed antifreeze.

Yea, 632 has a lot to learn about 'people' but I'm sure he's young and will see the light at some point.

Again, thanks for the responses.

sc
    scott 4991
    535i, 172K miles

Sorry, I completely missed the part that said you added it without mixing. I would have had a better answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scott 4991
    Thanks to those who ANSWERED the question, I do appreciate it. I do know, and where my confusion was, that some antifreeze is premixed - and I suppose it says so on the container if it was - but I wanted to check. I have drained my radiator now and flushed the system, but in 50/50 - the heater works so much better! This was one indication I had something wrong when I put in the un-mixed antifreeze.

Yea, 632 has a lot to learn about 'people' but I'm sure he's young and will see the light at some point.

Again, thanks for the responses.

sc
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy