GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Heated Seats - Is there a write-up for Retrofiting seats?

Default Heated Seats - Is there a write-up for Retrofiting seats?

Heated Seats - Is there a write-up for Retrofitting seats? I have a 92 Touring which didn't come equipped with heated seats. I removed the drivers seat and noticed there are two white connectors not attached to anything I'm assuming these go to the heating pads. Anyone have any information?
    1992 525i Touring M50 5spd Manual 230k+ miles - SOLD:-(

This may help, but is from E32, first 10 pages German language with drawings, then English and other languages
    http://www.e38.org/e32/electric%20seat%20heating.pdf
    and here some pics from the German 7-Forum
    http://www.7-forum.com/forum/showthread.html?t=26997

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    This may help, but is from E32, first 10 pages German language with drawings, then English and other languages
    http://www.e38.org/e32/electric%20seat%20heating.pdf
    and here some pics from the German 7-Forum
    http://www.7-forum.com/forum/showthread.html?t=26997

HTH
    Thanks - BTW Pages 11 and 12 are the English translation for the first 10 pages.

The seats I have already have the heating pads in them I believe. Like in the pictures of that PDF I have two white connectors; one on the bottom pad and one on the back already in the seats. Can anyone confirm this is in fact the case?

Also how have people hitched these up in the past?
    1992 525i Touring M50 5spd Manual 230k+ miles - SOLD:-(

There was a thread on this very topic written a few months back...could have been six months ago, though, it's not clear in my mind.

Long story short -- E32/E34 seat heaters are stitched to the leather at the factory. I've never seen a car that wasn't optioned with heated seats from the factory with the seat heaters in place (and no switch). I suspect that you are seeing the seat harness connectors (which are all provisioned for seat heating because it was cheaper to have one standardized harness for all cars with electric seats at the time), but that the seats don't actually have the heating elements installed.
    Last edited by Kalevera; 01-31-2007 at 11:42 PM.

The E32 has a switch at the seat, located to the inner side. For the rear seats next to the cigarette lighter in rear console.
    And there were 2 switches. The older ones were simple switches low and high and as far as I know the control was maybe in the IHKA (not sure). The newer ones have a kind of electronic attached under the switch and are touch type (maybe incorrect wording).
    Heater only works on my car when seat belt is buckled.
    To compare the different switches, better look at realoem and for different production years and wiring diagrams for different years.

Outside the US there are many cars without seated heats.

Use a multimeter to measure the resistance... if you do then you can hook up power to it to see if it heats up.