GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There oughta be a law

Default There oughta be a law

Requiring truck drivers to clear all ice, snow, and debris from the top of their trailers. Anyone found violating this law should be hanged at sunrise. On the way home from work today a chunk of ice fell off a semi trailer, breaking my parking light, denting my hood, and I think I may have dumped my pants slightly. So, since the bible says eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, I theoretically should be able to gouge out his eye, dent his skull and steal his pants, right?

Anyway, anybody got a set of parking lights for an 89 e34? Cheap is always a plus. Free even better.

You should have recorded his Plate # and called state police and reported it. This happed to me on my e28 but was a dump truck, put a big bulls eye in it.. I didn't call but my dad called me dumb because they would have payed for it.

As far as i know in illinois/iowa it is a law you have to remove all snow/ice from trailer before they go on public roads due to this fact. You could call the state cops but without a plate number im sure there is not much they could do.

i actually tried to get the plate, but it was covered in mud...actually looked like he smeared mud all over it since around there it was pretty clean....and he was a canuck too! i didnt even try and get the front plate

I have amber blinkers left from a clear change over. Which side do you need?

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

i would pull the ******* over and call the police.

passenger side. or both if youre willing to part with them, i dont know if they have faded over time or anything...want them to match. how do you like the clears? i was thinking about picking up a set and just going with those.

Ok,I'll play the heavy this time... You should have been far enough behind any vehicle that such debris wouldn't come ANYWHERE near your car.....As far as i know it is a law where i live but the penalty is not execution...
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

i was trying to pass him, then i saw the ice flip off the top i stomped on the brake but it still got me so i looked at his plate. mudded. meh, stuff happens. disappointing yes, but oh well, new bulbs are on their way, ill probably pick up a set of clears too

This does make me think about something. One day, on my way out to work, which is out in the rural farm area, I was going down my side of the two-lane road and this guy is tailing me. I'm already going 5-10 over and he still wants to go faster, which is retarded because the actual main highway is about a quarter mile to my left and runs parrallel to this road where he can happilly go that fast, but no he has to be behind me on the quiet road.

Anyway, instead of passing me in the areas where you are allowed to pass, he waits until one of these area's where about a 60-foot long median appears in the center of the road (made with lines not actual concrete medians) which is not allowable as a passing area, which then turns into about a 20 foot piece of turn lane for one of the tiny cross-roads and then disappears, returning to the two-lane goodness. Since the median is not a regularly traversed piece of road here it is covered in gravel and he successfully throws enough rocks to chip my windshield. As far as I'm concerned, I could have followed this clown and actually pressed charges. Speeding, passing in a no passing zone, what else? Not that it matters because I turned the other cheek. lawlzarz!

poptarts, pancakes im getting all confused I should delete all the pan people and get a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPopTart
    This does make me think about something. One day, on my way out to work, which is out in the rural farm area, I was going down my side of the two-lane road and this guy is tailing me. I'm already going 5-10 over and he still wants to go faster, which is retarded because the actual main highway is about a quarter mile to my left and runs parrallel to this road where he can happilly go that fast, but no he has to be behind me on the quiet road.

Anyway, instead of passing me in the areas where you are allowed to pass, he waits until one of these area's where about a 60-foot long median appears in the center of the road (made with lines not actual concrete medians) which is not allowable as a passing area, which then turns into about a 20 foot piece of turn lane for one of the tiny cross-roads and then disappears, returning to the two-lane goodness. Since the median is not a regularly traversed piece of road here it is covered in gravel and he successfully throws enough rocks to chip my windshield. As far as I'm concerned, I could have followed this clown and actually pressed charges. Speeding, passing in a no passing zone, what else? Not that it matters because I turned the other cheek. lawlzarz!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast