GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 535i OBC questions

ngruzevs@optusnet.com.au Guest

Default 535i OBC questions

I seem to have some problems with some of the functions on my E34 5353i OBC.

1. Using the "CONSUM" function (cons1 & 2), the OBC always displays --.- L:100, even after pressing the S/R button

2. Using the "SPEED" function, this always displays --.- (Can't calculate an average speed), even after pressing the S/R button.

3. When using the "LIMIT" function (Speed warning), I set a speed, but I hear no audiable noise after the speed is reached.

All the other OBC functions work eg HR/DATE, RANGE, TEMP, TIMER, ARR, DIST etc.

I have also noticed that there is no audiable alert when the handbrake is on and the gearbox is in "D" or "R". Should there be an audiable alert ?

Reading through the forum I noticed the test features on the OBC. I have got into test feature 19 to unlock the OBC, but I don't have the right code to unlock it. Does anyone know the code to unlock the OBC ?

i was going to suggest the speed sensor is out,but that would affect range arr dist too......
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by ngruzevs@optusnet.com.au
    Reading through the forum I noticed the test features on the OBC. I have got into test feature 19 to unlock the OBC, but I don't have the right code to unlock it. Does anyone know the code to unlock the OBC ?
    According to http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/OBC.htm :

"Access the OBC test menu by simultaneously pressing the 1000 and 10 keys so that the display changes to "TEST". With the 10 & 1 keys enter 19 on the display and then press the S/R button. Add the current day and month (as it is known to the OBC) and enter this value and then press the S/R button, the OBC should now be unlocked."

Hope this helps a little.

I managed to unlock the OBC by adding the date and month together, eg "0127", so the unlock code was 28. , as per the following thread -

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...ght=unlock+obc

I ran test 2 "Instantaneous fuel consumption in l/100Km" and it displayed 0.0V, I'm not sure what this should display if the "CONSUM" function is working.

Just an idea, but have you tried pushing the kmh/mph F/C button and seeing whether that does anything?

I tried pressing the Kmh/mph F/C button, but this just toggles from --.-L:100 to --.-MPG.

I have used test function 8 to calculate the Instantaneous speed, but the OBC always displays 0.0V even when the car is moving, I imagine this is my problem.

Is your dashboard working correctly?

the economy gauge on the dash?

Does the obc display on the instrument cluster (time, date, temp)?

they are linked.
    BMW parts professional

Previous rides:
    BMW
    E12 M535i (go the dogleg!)
    E28 M535i (MMM M88!)
    E34 535i M

MAZDA:
    RX7 S-IV T04 (440 hp ATW)
    RX7 S-I 13b bridge port
    RX4 13b peripheral port

Hi Ausmpower

Thanks for your response

All the instruments on the dash function correctly, the economy gauge works, as well as the fuel, speedo and tacho.

The time, date and temp are able to be displayed on the dashboard display, as well as the other functions (The consum & speed displays show --.- on the dashboard)

The consum 1 & 2 and speed (Average), only show --.- even after pressing the reset button.

I only purchased the car two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if the previous owner had problems with these functions.

Is the speedo on the dash working? If not -Seems like a bad speed sensor.
    If it's working then it must be a electrical fault - either a bad wire or a bad installation of the OBC.

The speedo is working fine, I guess it must be an eletrical problem/fault of some kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast